Whats your take on a JL 13w7?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think im going to trade my 18" FI BTL for a 13w7. new the w7 goes for over $600, where as the BTL is now below $500. The sub is less then a year old, and my BTL is pushing 3+...

Im wanting to get away from the SPL part and more into the SQ with a nice clean install.. I want the room back. The BTL takes up most of my cargo area and im sick of it. I also never turn it up past half volume unless im showing it off to someone.

From what ive heard the 13w7 is a great sub, but some say its overpriced..While im doing a straight trade for it, including a box thats built to JL specs..

what do you think?

DDUB

Reaction score
BTL is ah monsteR :)

W7 is also a nice sub but way over priced.. all of there stuff is great quality jus a arm an leg for it.. but like you said ur wanting more of a clean sound with less space W7 is what u should get..

im ah memphis fan myself...

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
I got a 12W7 and it slamS!!! most of my buds think I have atleast 2 12s back there.

OP
OP
N

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep BTL hands down.

i want to, but im sick of having half my cargo area taken up, plus i can sell my kicker amp and get a sundown and gain 150 bucks, to fund new speakers...

my 18 doesnt sound bad AT ALL, but its 3 years old, been beaten on, and running 2700 watts daily on it...id rather get rid of it for a more economical sub....my optima took a shit, so i only have a walmart batt right now...if i keep the btl, i need to fix my optima, or get another batt, cuz the truck goes below 10v when it hits hard, and it pretty much dies as im driving..

the jl is a much more expensive sub, and id never buy it hands down, but a straight up trade?

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
way overpriced!
look at the Fi Q since you are into Fi products, that is there version of a SQ sub and they sound great.
plus if you want to show it off to someone like you were saying they still get loud and you won't be paying $600+

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
Focal is another brand I would look at, That stuff can slam and if done right wont distort ever.

drowndindreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The JL 13 W7 is so powerful, that it can warp time and space in it's vicinity. It can also impregnate nearby women, glorifying its godly name.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belveman