What's Wrong With Your Yukon/Tahoe Today? ...And How Long Has This Been Happening?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Saltydog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Notified about an updated. Opted to do it in my driveway vs out and about. It failed to complete and then notified again about the update.

..round and round -Ratt
Mine did the same thing, but then the next day it said no update needed? So I guess it is good?

damnit_bobby

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2021 Tahoe LT, low mileage and new to us as of January.

Been an amazing ride so far and love this truck. With that being said I have an annoying squeak coming from the 2nd row seatbelt. It comes and goes (if the seatbelt is buckled in it goes away) but if it's not bucked in, and we hit even a slight bump, it's making a squeak.

If I push in the area on the trim where the seatbelt retracts into the squeak goes away. Leads me to believe it's something with the pully mechanism behind the trim (think it would be the "C" Pillar).

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here, I have a rattle below the wireless charger area that only rattles at Idle when we stop at a light etc. Could be under the vehicle but the dealership "Said" they couldn't find it. Irritating, but learned to live with it. Of course in park when I try to find it.. it won't rattle !

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here, I have a rattle below the wireless charger area that only rattles at Idle when we stop at a light etc. Could be under the vehicle but the dealership "Said" they couldn't find it. Irritating, but learned to live with it. Of course in park when I try to find it.. it won't rattle !
Might be from under the vehicle - double check that you have all your heat shield retainers and that they are the updated "blue" retainer.

damnit_bobby

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For what it's worth in my wife's Sante Fe we had this annoying rattle that only occured at idle too. Went away as soon as the RPMs started increasing.

Turned out it was a loose heat shield or something like that. Had the mechanic I trust give it a one over and he fixed it (tightened it?) for no charge during an oil change.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might be from under the vehicle - double check that you have all your heat shield retainers and that they are the updated "blue" retainer.

I took this TSB to my local GMC dealer this morning and they ordered a complete set of these retainer nuts and said he will give it a try. That’s better than I expected. We’ll see if that’s the answer. Thanks for giving me this tip.

flajax

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dashboard lit up like a christmas tree, gave the brake error - speed limited, became undrivable. It's my wife's car, so I had her park it and I called the dealer... "oh we are booked solid, we can get you in to take a look at it in three weeks, and no, we can't give you a loaner"

I politely lost my shit.

Did some research here, and limped the damn thing home and slapped it on the battery charger and that took care of it, but now the battery won't charge or hold a charge. I'm starting to wonder if the last software update caused an issue. I'm still going to have it towed to the dealer and let them F with it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ProfeZZor X

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dash went black twice since I've owned it for one year. It was quickly resolved by restarting the vehicle, so it wasn't a big deal. Knock on wood, I haven't had any issues with my vehicle other than a visibly crooked AT4 logo on the passenger side door. The dealership that I bought it from didn't install it with care, so when my vehicle was shipped to me, I had my local dealer order more and install them, since it was still under warranty.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took this TSB to my local GMC dealer this morning and they ordered a complete set of these retainer nuts and said he will give it a try. That’s better than I expected. We’ll see if that’s the answer. Thanks for giving me this tip.
I took it in today and they did install these upgraded heat shield nuts....but... The tech used a stethoscope and actually discovered my specific rattle was coming from a wiring harness in the tunnel between the seats that either became unfastened or was never fastened at assy to an isolation clip and was rattling against the hard plastic shell.
So far my dealer away from home has done and fixed anything necessary under warranty and done it with a smile. I just may be lucky....

OP
OP
ProfeZZor X

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the last few days I've been driving around locally, I noticed my steering feels a little peculiar. It's almost like it does a slight crab walk. It's not totally obvious, but you know when you have that instinct about something off when you're daily driving, and that one "thing" you feel uneasy about makes you question if things are okay or if it's a problem arising.

EDIT: I drove for around 350 miles yesterday and it didn't seem to have that unusual "wobble", so maybe it's all in my head. One thing I did notice is that when I hit the throttle hard for instant acceleration, it does seem shift during that initial throttle.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter