What's Wrong With Your Yukon/Tahoe Today? ...And How Long Has This Been Happening?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danimalx87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On remote start, they both come on, along w/ the steering wheel when the ambient conditions are right.

When the vehicle is on, if there is only a person in the driver seat, only the driver seat comes on. When both seats are occcupied, both come on. As the vehicle warms up in the cabin they go from high to low.

Don’t like to, turn it off in the settings. It’s working as designed.
View attachment 390156
You're like the manual genie :D Can you find a setting so I can have the truck unlock the passenger doors whenever I use the kick operated lift gate?

Or, for 15 bonus points, find some way to lock all the doors when I close the hatch, in my RX I just had to push the button twice to lock all the doors. I miss the Lexus sometimes.... :(

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're like the manual genie :D Can you find a setting so I can have the truck unlock the passenger doors whenever I use the kick operated lift gate?

Or, for 15 bonus points, find some way to lock all the doors when I close the hatch, in my RX I just had to push the button twice to lock all the doors. I miss the Lexus sometimes.... :(
Lol,

Don’t recall reading about a way to unlock/lock from the hatch. Wife’s CRV has a button on the hatch, just like we have on the door handles, unlocks/locks all the doors…good thinking.

You can get close on your 15 bonus point option if you enable the walk-away locking.

Danimalx87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But then it locks in my garage which I don't want. I'll keep trying to bring my features from 2016 into 2023......

RK58

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
But then it locks in my garage which I don't want. I'll keep trying to bring my features from 2016 into 2023......
I use the trick from my Silverados once in the garage I hold the unlock button until I hear the chime, my Silverados always chimed 3 times my Tahoe only once then I can get in and out as much as I want without it locking.

Ruralliving

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
'21 Denali xl diesel
Since December of 2021; when its cold (-20) the center console cup holders get so cold that pop will freeze.
GMC has had a case open since December of 2021; according to them their is an issue with the hvac system, they haven't figured it out. Case is still open, no fix, no eta.
I'm having a very similar issue with my '21 Tahoe Diesel. It hasn't been cold enough here in Michigan to freeze my drinks, but I actually thought the center console was refrigerated. I also have no floor heat on the drivers side. Can you post an update if you here of any progress on this problem? I've been dealing with this issue since I purchased the vehicle in October 2021. Took it to the dealership, and they said there's nothing wrong with it. Thank you.

martinajm

Reaction score
'21 Denali xl diesel
Since December of 2021; when its cold (-20) the center console cup holders get so cold that pop will freeze.
GMC has had a case open since December of 2021; according to them their is an issue with the hvac system, they haven't figured it out. Case is still open, no fix, no eta.
I'm having a very similar issue with my '21 Tahoe Diesel. It hasn't been cold enough here in Michigan to freeze my drinks, but I actually thought the center console was refrigerated. I also have no floor heat on the drivers side. Can you post an update if you here of any progress on this problem? I've been dealing with this issue since I purchased the vehicle in October 2021. Took it to the dealership, and they said there's nothing wrong with it. Thank you.

I am in a much warmer climate (Texas) and have notices that the center console area is usually cool. I thought that it might be intentional to keep the wireless charging pad cool, which I have to believe benefits the charging. My phone is often cool when I pick it up.

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update on the cold center console.
My GMC case continues to be open with GM, the solution to date is for the dealer to apply and then remove a piece of tape which blocks the airflow to the underside of the console. (absolutely insane)
GMC knows about the issue; they just don't have a fix.

I am not experiencing any issues with floor heat however, that works as intended. Sounds like you have a different problem regarding the floor heat.

JGinLA

Reaction score
After 14 months and 7000 miles the built-in Spotify app stops any song I choose at 10 seconds and won't continue. The Spotify app in my phone does OK over Bluetooth. '22 Tahoe Premier.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After 14 months and 7000 miles the built-in Spotify app stops any song I choose at 10 seconds and won't continue. The Spotify app in my phone does OK over Bluetooth. '22 Tahoe Premier.
that's because your spotify app is outdated

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkavros