What's Wrong With Your Yukon/Tahoe Today? ...And How Long Has This Been Happening?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brynie3140

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2022 Tahoe - our liftgate button on the outside of the liftgate...about half of the time, it only unlatches the liftgate, the liftgate doesn't fully open. I've been very deliberate about not pressing the button oddly and it's still doing it. I press it a second time and it opens completely. Our 2021 AT4 never had this issue and we put over 40k on it in a year.

madness
This happens to me too. Glad to hear I’m not the only one.

GMCnewbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same thing happens with our 2022 Denali. Sometimes one touch opens it, sometimes it takes a second touch. I use the Key Fob mostly but the hands free "usually" works, just not "always works". Go figure.

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know of those rear liftgate sensors that open up "hands free"....
If you were sitting inside the suv, and a dog walked near the rear bumper if the hatch would open up...... But I am baffled why a 2022 button was so exposed????
Regardless of how bad the design is, there still should be an override switch near the sunroof switch and if I’m not mistaken there’s an selection in the DIC to turn on/off the motion activated Liftgate option.

Having the liftgate open up in a car wash is about as bad as having it close on you while trying to pull groceries/supplies out of the back end. I think they have since fixed this issue. I know there was a TSB regarding some pinched wires causing this issue on the older models.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had an annoying squeak which was rear glass. Open and shut and cleaned all around it and it's gone.
Silicone spray lube on a rag, rub on the weather strip. I do this general maintenance on all my vehicles about 2x a year, keeps the weather stip nice and supple, prolongs the life, and eliminates any door squeaks from rubber on paint. Also prevents rub lines developing in the door jam paint.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife and I were in downtown Asheville, NC last weekend and watched a new ('21-'22) maroon Escalade get dragged up onto a flatbed with its flashers on. The owner was standing beside it looking sad. Not a good advertisement for a vehicle that costs $100K. I'm sad because I really love the styling on this generation and could be in the market for one in the next few years.

It will be interesting to see how these trucks age. I'm hoping that as we go, they will settle into being a reliable, durable platform in their mid-life, but I have to confess that the electronic problems and DFM hardware problems are leaving me feeling skeptical that that will happen as it has with past generations.

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just returned from another long road trip in my 2021 AT4. Spent a week off grid in the Wyoming and Colorado mountains. Pulled a small trailer and drove many forest roads at 9-10k elevation. No problems were noted during the trip. Just wish I had the 6.2 or duramax. Now have almost 18k miles on it.

OP
OP
ProfeZZor X

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rattling near my undercarriage has seemingly stopped for now, or I just haven't noticed it while my radio is blaring loudly. Maybe all it needed was some miles on it. I've had it since late March and I already have 6600k miles on it. And I haven't even gone on a road trip yet.

I'm hoping to go to Joshua Tree, or maybe even revisit the Grand Canyon later this summer before the kids go back to school. Unfortunately, Yosemite isn't accepting any reservations at this time.

like2detail

Reaction score
Hummm, we did have a few initial issues that the dealer took care of(power sliding consol, no AM/FM)

As for ongoing issues? There is a rattle on the passenger side middle row seat and the front passenger window seems to get grease on the inside of the window when you put it down.

Pretty minor for the most part. That said, every mass produced car I have owned had little issues here and there :)
I had the greasy line on my drivers window. If you shine a flashlight into the door from the top you’ll likely see some white grease on a joint in upper part of the door. I just wrapped a long flathead screwdriver with a paper towel and cleaned it off, wipe the weatherstrip and you are good to go. No more greasy line on the glass!

Saltydog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the greasy line on my drivers window. If you shine a flashlight into the door from the top you’ll likely see some white grease on a joint in upper part of the door. I just wrapped a long flathead screwdriver with a paper towel and cleaned it off, wipe the weatherstrip and you are good to go. No more greasy line on the glass!
Thanks for the tip! Going to take a look at that :)

OP
OP
ProfeZZor X

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone experienced an undercarriage rattle when driving at a crawl or at low speeds going down a driveway? I've had the noise since I bought the vehicle and took it to the dealership to which they said they don't hear anything...

The sound is a buzzing noise, as if two vibrating plates are touching each other. It's not constant, but it does occur when I'm crawling down a driveway. It rarely happens on a flat surface.

Just thought I'd ask.