What's Wrong With Your Yukon/Tahoe Today? ...And How Long Has This Been Happening?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm sure it got "rebooted" as the whole overhead console and homelink had to be reprogrammed again. And of course, they cleared any latent codes, etc. Even if pulling the negative "Fixes" it, it doesn't solve the underlying issue of what's causing it. I've seen posts of people who have had it fixed once and seem to be fixed, and I've seen posts of people who have been in repeatedly and actually lemon lawed their vehicle over this. It has also been happening in Silverado's and Sierra's regularly.. same issue.

OP
OP
ProfeZZor X

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can select the source using the steering wheel controls…just hit the left/right arrows till you get to music, then press the wheel to select, then roll to your desired source, then press the wheel again.
I took your advice and started fiddling around with the steering wheel controls more frequently. Now I can navigate the music settings using the controls to switch back and forth with the radio and blutooth. It seems like the system prefers it that way, because I've used the vehicle a dozen times since then, and it maintained the last audio function I last listened to after I exited the vehicle, instead of defaulting to blutooth upon startup.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took your advice and started fiddling around with the steering wheel controls more frequently. Now I can navigate the music settings using the controls to switch back and forth with the radio and blutooth. It seems like the system prefers it that way, because I've used the vehicle a dozen times since then, and it maintained the last audio function I last listened to after I exited the vehicle, instead of defaulting to blutooth upon startup.
After a couple weeks, using the steering wheel controls becomes 2nd nature, and using the touch screen becomes more inconvenient! And the up side is you don’t take your hands off the wheel!!

jjobev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 21 Premier Tahoe the lift gate does not open sometimes when I touch the physical button on the lift gate or the hands free kick. It makes the beeping sound but nothing happens. Usually I have to hit button on lift gate a few times and give a pull and then it works. Will mention next time I take to dealer but don’t remember seeing others with this complaint.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 21 Premier Tahoe the lift gate does not open sometimes when I touch the physical button on the lift gate or the hands free kick. It makes the beeping sound but nothing happens. Usually I have to hit button on lift gate a few times and give a pull and then it works. Will mention next time I take to dealer but don’t remember seeing others with this complaint.

our 22 Z71 does this….press the physical button on the lift gate, it beeps and actually clicks open but doesn’t move much past being unlatched….press it again and it opens fully

rdhogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New 22 Denali owner and my AM/FM radio doesn't work for some reason. Ive had it about 2 months and just noticed. We have Sirius and use Spotify 100% of the time which is why we haven't noticed, but it's still strange. When you hit the media button the options for both are "greyed out" if that makes sense, like it's not an option to choose, and when we do all we get is static.
You haven't installed some LED bulbs have you? They cause radio interference sometimes

smokey_mountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interference is sometimes caused by the loose ground connection or spark plug boots not seated properly but... there are quite a few people on FB complaining about radio interference/static, so it is very likely an issue with the design and of course dealers "cannot hear any static" when people bring the trucks in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne

Latest posts