Whats the best rear springs to run....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Siler5

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok I have narrowed down to using Mcgaughy drop spindles up front on my 4wd 03 hoe, Now I need to figure out what springs to use out back. Im thinking I want a 4" drop cuz Im running airlift bags for towing. Also is it better to use shock extenders with stock shocks or just buy lowered shocks?

chistoso

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have gone with McGaughys on the last 3 trucks I've owned and been very happy with them. Some guys swear by Belltechs, I'm sure someone with their set up will chime in soon. I run extenders for the shocks because I opted to keep my autoride and they work great for my app. I guess it just depends on what the condition is of your shocks and if it's cost effective for you to go with new shocks or stick it out with the current shocks and go with the extenders for a while. The market for the extenders is good so if you went with them and one day decided to buy new lowering shocks you could sell them off quick. McGaughys shocks suck though..

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yesss Belltech 5305 hands down, near stock quality ride with a fraction less drop than the 5' Mgaughys drop coils.

B

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I have the Belltech 5305s too and like them alot.
McG springs I have never had, but not many seem to like the way they ride in the 07 Up SUVs/Trucks.
My DJM 4.5" blue coils rode a bit harsh even with soft shocks, so you def. don't want those.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
I loved my 5305 coils, they're installed on a dozen of my customer's trucks and ride quality is excellent...also function well in regard to towing especially with the airlift 60769 helper bags, the belltech 34324 kit comes with everything you'll need for the back and the kits are mad cheap from Tony on here DJM DIRECT

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the djm trailblazer springs in my yukon and they ride great. I'm not towing anything, and will go great with the air lift bags

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
the djm 4 inch trailblazer springs ride better than anything out there honestly. I like them better then the belltech springs but you get more drop. If you just want a 4 inch kit you will need the belltech set up with the shock extenders like stated above . Ill send you a pm and like i say if you see it for cheaper shoot me a link ill beat anyones prices shipped

chistoso

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the djm trailblazer springs in my yukon and they ride great. I'm not towing anything, and will go great with the air lift bags

Curious.. Where can I get a pair of these to curb my curiosity? How much?

I like my McGaughys but if I'm up for being impressed..

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Curious.. Where can I get a pair of these to curb my curiosity? How much?

I like my McGaughys but if I'm up for being impressed..

Im the only one that can get them from djm cause me and Mike there are pretty good friends. You will need the axle relocators and rear hardware kit with the djm rear shocks and it rides real nice. You can ask anyone that has bought the springs here best of all over your mcgaughys you will get another 1-1.5 drop and it will ride better. I've had people here allready do it and they say it sits lower and rides better and they went to the djm shock also. I just want to make that clear because its a proven combo to work and ride well with the djm shock but hey who knows another shock might ride well also or might ride like junk depending on its valveing.

The rear djm 4 inch Trailblazer Spring runs $195 shipped

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Friendy