Whats next?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elcapitanmas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been a while since I've been on the forum but projects have slowly been completed on the tahoe over the last year or two. Quick list of current upgrades performance wise

volant cai with front bumper extension
dynatech headers with custom y pipe
Corsa sport exhaust
tune

Looking to make a few more upgrades this season and at first I was going to go turbo or supercharger route. I've decided to wait on that as I will probably have some other projects that need attention like my suspension and other stupid stuff that needs to be done at 130k

would like some suggestions as to what route to go next for some more horses. Will retune when necessary. While doing these upgrades, I'm trying to set the stage in case I do end up putting a turbo or super charger on her.

any advice appreciated.

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it's time for a cam swap and a retune. Would be awesome to go turbo! I'd talk to a few cam companies about your future plans to turbo or supercharge and have them grind a cam that will still perform well when you do.

OP
OP
elcapitanmas

elcapitanmas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, cam/retune is whats happening next. Anyone thats done a cam swap, what else did you do while you were in there? If i'm ripping stuff apart, may as well take care of whatever else i come across.

omega123

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
timing chain, valve springs, pushrods ,and lifters if your going the pressure route. I would take the heads off and have new ones put on or have a stock set worked over if i ever get to a new cam.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^^what he said. you will want to spec your cam to the type of FI you plan to do or you may have to back track..having headers and going turbo means changing some stuff out. I'm not sure how a turbo cam would run NA, but I'm running a vinci trucker cam NA and its known to be excellent with a supercharger. a couple of members on here running this cam with a blower..i'm leaning towards a whipple..should be crazy.. I don't know if I would change the heads since cathedral port heads are known to make good torque unless you have the stupid castech 706 heads that are known to crack and leak..

2000Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your doing a cam, new timing set, oil pump, and if you don't get a kit, lifters, push rods and springs. Depending on the lift of the cam rockers would be something to look at as well.

Don't forget to get a push rod checker, all your gaskets, and if the knock sensors haven't been replaced I would do those when your in there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thydrick