What the heck is this thing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

optimusprime

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is this doohickey and why does it make the most annoying vibrating sound ever all the time?

IMG_5926.jpeg

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is this doohickey and why does it make the most annoying vibrating sound ever all the time?

View attachment 411634
Pull that cover and clean the hair and dust off the fan blades. If it doesn't work, get another aspirator, 22834330. If it fails, your Auto AC won't work right.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 411634
environmental sensor for the hvac to properly regulate the interior temperature. it has a small fan and a thermistor, the fan motor goes bad and makes the noise. the fan blows air over the thermistor and changes ohm's the ohm signal goes to the hvac, the hvac then adjusts the temp up or down to keep the temperature where you have it set.
a new replacement is about $25 online and is easily replaced by both unclipping it and reaching in from the side of the headliner.
just pull the side of the headliner down "carefully" just enough to reach inside

OP
OP
O

optimusprime

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Sorry for the late reply. I forgot I posted this and then the sound reminded me haha. I’ll check it out today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019

Latest posts