What Saved Your A$$?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NYRmike

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not my behind, but my a friend of mine. He was putting a straw into WD40 (really my fault...he's one of those people who needs to be supervised no matter what) and managed to spray himself in the eyes. Go figure. So I had a case of water in the truck and my folding knife, I poked a small hole in a bunch of the lids and we flushed his eyes with water for half an hour.

Btw, it's a handy hack for any situation that requires a little water pressure when there's no obvious source available, not just gradeschool level medical emergencies.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always carry the basics a valentine one, dashcam, (jumper cables & chain they fit in the jack space just fine), leatherman micra, flashlight, pliers, extra fuses and napkins and I used to have a roll of some pretty gnarly tape but I don't know what happened to it. the valentine has saved me plenty over the last 20 years I even tried to warn others to no avail and saw them get nailed right before my eye's more than a few times lol, the chain and tape has saved a couple others and jumper cables as well, any fires I've come across have already been either fully involved or burned to the ground already. I guess it would be a good idea to throw a extinguisher in there with the chain and jumper cables, ya never know

TwiztidPixel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Glock. This was years ago, 2010ish, I had an old Taurus. I was pulling into Walmart, there's a semi-long two way road going into the parking lot.

The guy in front of me in a Kia Sorento stops and puts it in park, gets out and starts walking toward my car. I carry, but I wasn't at the time very good at being alert. I figured the guy was lost.

When he got to my window he unfolded a small pocket knife and reached in with it. Somehow, with my seat belt on, I got mostly into my passenger seat pretty damn fast. I pulled my firearm out of the glove box and I was literally putting pressure on the trigger when he decided to run and take off in the car. The Ram behind me saw the whole thing and gave chase but ended up losing him and coming back.

I learned from this and have made several adjustments to how I would handle being approached and where my firearm is stored in the vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
APalmer15

Latest posts