What....Percent...Tint?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
do the whole windshield IMO. looks 1000x's better. but not 5% lol a 50% looks good.

Sent from my iPhone 4g using Tapatalk

Pshhhhh... If you can see ANYTHING through the front windshield, it's not dark enough...

photo-1-3.jpg

MACHO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^This is exactly what I got on the avalanche recently. It matches the back perfectly with 18% :imo:

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

Great thinks mind alike! :D

popo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whoop Whoop thats the sound of the police!

Lol.... Im a big fan of tint on my stuff... Even got pulled over snd issued a ticket a few years ago.

Visit us @ LTXtech.com
Larry (Popo8) Co-owner

OP
OP
Yuk0n07

Yuk0n07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input guys, think I'll just play it safe for now with 35% up front but anything will be a improvement. Also gonna do the strip across the top of the windshield, ha Nathan that's crazy around here they would probably try to impound my kon if I did that!

2011Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In Oregon you can easily get away with matching the rear. I had a ridiculously big truck with 5% tint all around and never got pulled over for anything. You will be good. Matching is the way to go, looks awesome.

OP
OP
Yuk0n07

Yuk0n07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya I think I could get away with 20%, most of the year I'm on the west side of the state in the valley and never had any problems with my f250 that had 5%. It's just when I come home to the east side of the state for part of the year is when I run into trouble. Great looking Tahoe by the way

iwaslowr

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Reaction score
Pshhhhh... If you can see ANYTHING through the front windshield, it's not dark enough...

photo-1-3.jpg

I can see the pillars/tweeters... :hands:

Seriously though, those of us non-exempt must semi-abide... And in Texas the inspection/registration stickers must also display from the windshield. This below was 50% (ceramic) on entire windshield with upper and lower 5% brows. Front doors are 5%, all rears are 15% on top of factory tint.

DSC04215.jpg

DSC03171.jpg

Frontside.jpg

I chose to put my stickers on a piece of clear static cling vinyl (which sticks to the tint too), that way there will never be issues with having to peel them and/or damage the tint.

And the tint is almost non-existent from inside... especially when the windows are rolled down.
DSC03699.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roflwaffle

Latest posts