What....Percent...Tint?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They can tint your windshield if you ask them too. Some places won't do it but some will.

Yeah, it seems kind of important if you'd like the tint to help keep the truck cool during the summer.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just checked the tint laws and apparently in VA it's a little different for SUVs than it is for sedans. Normally the back windows have to be 35%, but apparently SUV's have no limit on the back. The front in VA have to be 50%...so basically I think I'm gonna have to go with at least 35% or so. My job recently moved to a new office that, unlike the last office, doesn't have a parking garage and this afternoon was a rude awakening with how hot the inside of my truck was at 5pm! I'll most likely go with something that's still lighter than my back windows because I figure the contrast between the different tints might make it look legal as long as you don't look too closely.

I just Googled "50% tint" and it looks like nothing. Would it be much darker than what I've got on the front windows already or would I basically have to go with something like 35%?

Here's the front end (looks like Carmax has ****** cameras):
Wa7aX.jpg

As far as the bug guard goes, I like it. I probably wouldn't have looked into one if it didn't come with it already installed, but I like the way the black color contrasts with the burgundy and gives the front end a little flair. I'm looking at getting a black brush guard, though, so the bug guard might have to come off at that point.

EDIT: Wait, do they tint the windshield or is it only the side windows?

I had 35% on my escalade and I could barely tell the difference. Ended up ripping it off and going with 5% which is illegal but it's worth the risk to me. If I were you I'd go with at least 35%. The windshield tint is also illegal unless it's just a brow at the very top. The length of the brow also can only be a certain height but varies from state to state.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobsaget