What lift should I go with?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

huntingtahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am currently running 285/70/17 Cooper Discoverer STT (mud terrains) with a leveling kit and I am not satisfied with the look, so I am wondering if a lift would even look good, and if so what to get because I just got the tires around Christmas and I want to keep them on....thanks guys

Arctic-Rodz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea, I just wanted to see if anyone had done it and how it looked..

had done what? Lifted it with the tire size you have?

How much lift are you talking about? Are you running the stock wheels?

If you lift 4" and over, get new + size tires and wheels. You'll kick yourself in the ass if you dont. IMO

OP
OP
huntingtahoe

huntingtahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
just a little bit more than my leveling kit and keep the same tires and yea im still running the stock rims, but have thought about getting some different rims.

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

............or maybe even a 3 inch body lift along with my leveling kit...how do yall think that would look?

brucebruce45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just a little bit more than my leveling kit and keep the same tires and yea im still running the stock rims, but have thought about getting some different rims.

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

............or maybe even a 3 inch body lift along with my leveling kit...how do yall think that would look?

I'd do a zone 1.5. Just order the one for 99-02 silvy

OP
OP
huntingtahoe

huntingtahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How much work and cash would that be...and if anyone out there has pictures of a body lift on their hoe that would be awesome..

Arctic-Rodz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really dont like body lifts... something about brackets to drop your bumper to place, steering column ext. and some that you can see a lot of frame... thats a big turn off for me.
I say just wait till you need new tires and go all at once. Thats what I did.

Before:
IMAG0021.jpg

After:
IMAG0127.jpg
DSCN3757.jpg

ELOOSECANNON

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OK, I've got a question for everybody. I have an 04 Tahoe Z71, if I go with a 3" front and 2" rear lift, what's the biggest tire size I could run on it? It has the stock wheels and 265-70-17's on it now. Really like the pics of Arctic-Rodz ride. What size lift and tires are on it? Thanks in advance for any help.