What lead time are you being told on an ordered Yukon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Midcont

Reaction score
In my case its a 4WD SLT XL.
I ordered the truck early May and was told probably three months which makes it early August.

I was told the factory was having problems with the sunroof supplier and it was delaying everything, but mine was ordered without, so it may get completed sooner, again what they said.

I don't know if any of this is true so wanted to see if anybody had any knowledge. Three months seems awfully long for this type of vehicle.

I have not gotten any updates from the dealer in the month since I ordered it but have not contacted them either (I was told they'd contact me). Thoughts on this? Should they have more info at this point?

What are the status' of production that will clue me in and whats the lead time for each of them?

Thanks

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eff ordering in February and still waiting!!! We have lots near full of '15 yukons and hoes here

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eff ordering in February and still waiting!!! We have lots near full of '15 yukons and hoes here

I agree.
Who knew GM would have their heads up their back sides?
I've never waited more than 5 weeks for a Tahoe order, but the deal was made and were unfortunately adding miles on the dealers trade in. So both of us are not happy.
Lots of Hoes and Yukons around here also, but no Champagne silver Denalis with shale interior, with touring and 22".
So we wait...
It's only a vehicle.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I was up visiting Jacob this weekend, drove 1.5 hours OUTSIDE of the small city he lives in, and they had 4 Yukon's sitting on the lot. I think there were 5 on the lot at the dealer 10 min from my house. Unless you are wanting something VERY specific, I would not wait as long as some of you have

I can see a wait for Denali's/Escalades because they are last in line, but a SLT or Tahoe... not so much

customlll

Reaction score
Ordered my Tahoe LTZ at the end of April, was told it was built the beginning of last week, was told it was waiting for the truck on Thursday, was told it was picked up on Friday and delivered to the train. No time given when it is going to get on the train.

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered a Yukon Denali April 1 or 2, 10 weeks later it's still at 1100.

The last reason for a delay is that this is a "hot" seller. This is a vehicle for those who can afford to flush money down the toilet, and 99% of Americans are not in that position.
Ford focuses are hot. The Chevy Malibu or Silverado are hot sellers. The Tahoes and Yukons can sit for months. My local dealer has had two 15' Yukons for over two months and they are still there.
There are new Denalis sitting all over Buffalo for over two months.

Hotness of sales are not the cause.
I'm guessing it's two things. One, they still have a large supply of leftovers that have been sitting for months, and are reluctant to rebate them beyond chump change, so they sit. Local dealer has a lot full of 14' escalades sitting.
Two, GM doesn't want any more bad press or recalls. Especially after the well publicized Yukon test drive fire, they may be releasing them slowly in order to simply monitor them better.

If there ever was a company that can process orders into vehicles in a month, it's been GM.
So, those who have an existing special order must simply be patient.

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I waited 7 week from order to sitting at the dealer. Again only a XL slt, my dealer has 6 15s sitting on there lot now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz