What lead time are you being told on an ordered Yukon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedFishiNole

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yep, I've been told "constraints on the 6.2", "constraints on the rear axle", "constraints on the trailer brake", "constraints on the paint" and finally when I asked about allocation, "the constraints were causing allocation issues".

Meanwhile at a dealer 100 miles away, they just got one on their lot that's exactly like the one I ordered, so I gotta call BS on pretty much everything my dealer has told me.

OP
OP
M

Midcont

Reaction score
I was up visiting Jacob this weekend, drove 1.5 hours OUTSIDE of the small city he lives in, and they had 4 Yukon's sitting on the lot. I think there were 5 on the lot at the dealer 10 min from my house. Unless you are wanting something VERY specific, I would not wait as long as some of you have

I can see a wait for Denali's/Escalades because they are last in line, but a SLT or Tahoe... not so much

It's a little specific. I got the middle row bench and the max towing package (for the rear air suspension) but not the sunroof or rear entertainment. I'd buy one off the lot with the sunroof/ent package but not without the max towing or the bench.
I got Iridium with Black interior and the 20's which I'd want to stick with also

sssiglover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, I've been told "constraints on the 6.2", "constraints on the rear axle", "constraints on the trailer brake", "constraints on the paint" and finally when I asked about allocation, "the constraints were causing allocation issues".

Meanwhile at a dealer 100 miles away, they just got one on their lot that's exactly like the one I ordered, so I gotta call BS on pretty much everything my dealer has told me.

My dealer tells me constraints as well but they still can't tell me what they are. I want this truck ASAP but w're not in a huge rush or i'd just picked one off the dealer lot. The dealer i picked has about 15 Denali's sitting on the lot. At least that's what the website says, I'm not sure if they're all sold.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm still pissed that Nathaniel called my city small :mad:

mbd2015LTZ

Reaction score
I ordered my Tahoe LTZ on 3/13/14, order accepted 4/29/14, order produced 5/12/14, shipped 5/23/14, delivered to dealer 6/5/14, picked up on 6/7/14. Nearly 3 months. Was also told "lots of constraints" - could have bought the few LTZ's they had gotten but wanted 2nd row bench, 22" wheels and Sun, destinations.....everything else they had gotten added in power running boards and adaptive cruise, two big money options I didn't want or need. The wait was worth it however. :)

OP
OP
M

Midcont

Reaction score
Is there a way to build on the gm site and search for an exact match no matter what the distance?

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cars.com works pretty well for nationwide searches.

OP
OP
M

Midcont

Reaction score
Cars.com works pretty well for nationwide searches.

Cars.com is probably the most generic of the car search engines. Can't even separate non Denali's out of the mix, let alone find only the specific options I'm looking for.

OP
OP
M

Midcont

Reaction score
In my case its a 4WD SLT XL.
I ordered the truck early May and was told probably three months which makes it early August.

I was told the factory was having problems with the sunroof supplier and it was delaying everything, but mine was ordered without, so it may get completed sooner, again what they said.

I don't know if any of this is true so wanted to see if anybody had any knowledge. Three months seems awfully long for this type of vehicle.

I have not gotten any updates from the dealer in the month since I ordered it but have not contacted them either (I was told they'd contact me). Thoughts on this? Should they have more info at this point?

What are the status' of production that will clue me in and whats the lead time for each of them?

Thanks

Well I got a nice surprise phone call yesterday that my truck has been produced. It should ship and arrive in 2-3 weeks per the dealer. Much less time than originally estimated. Don't know why...maybe because of no sunroof as originally discussed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700