What is this weird noise when opening/closing doors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All seems pretty normal to me. Newer vehicles start priming systems anticipating the vehicle is going to be started and there's no ill effect if the vehicle does not get started. If you want to hear it make a bunch more racket you should shut the vehicle off and stay sitting in it for a few minutes and it will make all kinds of crazy sounds. All totally normal

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All seems pretty normal to me. Newer vehicles start priming systems anticipating the vehicle is going to be started and there's no ill effect if the vehicle does not get started. If you want to hear it make a bunch more racket you should shut the vehicle off and stay sitting in it for a few minutes and it will make all kinds of crazy sounds. All totally normal
ya it takes a couple minutes for everything to power down and go to sleep mode and it does it different all the time if you do it in the dark you can see the screen or other lights still on even minutes later and then the factory alarm kicks on and you get a blinking red light from the sun sensor, that might depend on your year model and options though.

Lakerider

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine whirs and clicks whenever I am approaching with the key, getting ready to go, illuminating gauges, illuminating GMC out back to kick-open the rear gate, and who knows what else. I find it kinda cool, kinda. I believe you can control some of that in the computer. I've made some changes, like lock on its own as the wife likes to leave our cars wide open all the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shahid