What is this Button? - Solved

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may have to install a fake switch and run some wires to nowhere in case I ever plan to sell it one day or run it to a recorder that plays “GET OUT!!!” when you flip it.

Or a countdown timer with a prerecorded voice "WARNING! Self-destruct sequence initiated. Evacuate vehicle immediately. Vehicle will self-destruct in 10...9...8..." Maybe have it pop an e-match halfway through the countdown so you get that hiss and burnt fuse smell...

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Or a countdown timer with a prerecorded voice "WARNING! Self-destruct sequence initiated. Evacuate vehicle immediately. Vehicle will self-destruct in 10...9...8..." Maybe have it pop an e-match halfway through the countdown so you get that hiss and burnt fuse smell...
Lol, that's messed up!

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh man we could go through a couple six paks coming up w/ different scenarios. My personal favorite would be Captain Kirk ,Dr Mccoy and Spock....

“Bones you got to save us.....” etc

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
lol
i have a switch wired up inside of my shifter boot on my old S10.
pretty much i was too lazy and didn't want to drill a hole.
found i could mount it on the shifter and access it through the shifter boot (center console).

What it did?
Turned on my bright off road lights mounted on the grill guard.

When i finally sell or give away that old S10, I'm pulling the winch mount, and the grill guard.
Leaving the switch in place.

It should drive someone nuts in the future I'm sure. :Big Laugh:

Albert Murray

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I put a toggle switch like that in almost the same spot. The outlets are always hot so I spliced in a toggle switch so I wouldn’t have to constantly plug-in and unplug my accessories.

somguyss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It is for a fm modulator to broadcast audio over your radio, reason i say that there is a tag that says input in your picture. do you have aftermarket overhead tv or cd changer? if you do it will broadcast over a channel in the 88.9 to 93.1 range or so when you toggle the switch on.

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a guess here and hope someone has not already guessed it and it has been disproven. (not reading 7 pages LOL)
I have seen that type of switch before used as a Brake Light kill switch. Radar Detectors are illegal in several states and the troopers would "shoot fish in a barrel" so to speak. They would pull the radar gun trigger and then pull over anyone that hit the brakes and write them a ticket for having a radar detector. Lots of people figured out how to prevent the brake lights from working (simple rocker switch) AFTER they received a ticket LOL.
So OP just try the switch and check your brake lights to see if the are working and report back. if this has already been brought up Whoops sorry........

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2