What is this Button? - Solved

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I was under the driver's side dashboard troubleshooting another issue, I found this black toggle button, between the steering column and the center console, right underneath the lower trim panel, about where the driver's right knee cap would be located.

Any idea what this button is and what its function is? (I did not mess with it, as I'd like to know what I'm messing with first).

View attachment 255634

Would make a nice fuel pump kill switch.

Reaction score
yep somewhere after the relay, that's really the only thing that stops these getting stolen left & right, easy to jump the starter
I think that parking interlock would be good. They may be able to start it but can't take it out of park, and it's a factory feature, just needs a hidden switch.

I wonder if you could install a 4wd selector switch into the cubby on a denali and just use it for an interlock/kill switch? The majority of people wouldn't notice right off the bat that it's not supposed to be there... Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have flipped that switch within a few minutes upon discovery of it, but that’s just me. It’s not like some black helicopters or spaceships are going to appear.....or are they? Maybe the previous owner had a tracking device to keeps tabs on a cheating wife, the possibilities are mind numbingly endless and/or just plain silly

97audia4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its probably for a dash cam that was installed

Shunto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was something on here a few months back that showed a pin out diagram that had a park lock and all it needed was to be wired to a switch to ground.

I mentioned that some police depts will use that so no one unauthorized will drive off in a vehicle that's sitting on a scene idling.

Flip it on and see if you're able to start the vehicle and/or take it out of park

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thats pretty handy.