What is the difference between auto ride and non auto ride springs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

73TA

Reaction score
What is the difference between auto ride and non auto ride rear? Is it length, spring rate?

Thanks
Mike

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think AutoRide has anything to do with the spring rates. However, with the Automatic Level Control, I believe the spring rate is slightly lower (softer) than those for non-ALC-equipped models.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I meant to tag you in that first one. By chance, do you happen to have the spring rate info between the factory springs?

No, I've never been able to nail that down. Spent many, many hours looking to no avail. Even the aftermarket ones are hard to locate but I have seen some before, just forget who!

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, I've never been able to nail that down. Spent many, many hours looking to no avail. Even the aftermarket ones are hard to locate but I have seen some before, just forget who!

Hey, if YOU don't have the info, then it may not exist outside of a GM engineer's top secret files! Next best is to measure the coils and estimate it from there. That's what I did when I was researching coils from other vehicles for my "drop coils".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401