What is behind this sound dampening material, removing fender

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramchol76

Reaction score
Hi All, I narrowed down to the exact 2 inch area when water is introduced it causes leak in passenger end. the area is behind the sound dampening material behind fender (shown in picture, reference picture not from my Tahoe).

1. Are there any expected holes/ports behind this marked area of sound dampening material? anyway to reach from inside?
2. Please share any guidance, steps, experience, pictures on removing and reinstalling passenger side fender (I am also watching YouTube videos)

reference fender removal on Tahoe 2008 - Leak analysis.jpg

Mighty Hd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is that piece of jute there for anyways? Mine got all mangled up somehow and I just ripped it out.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But what's there to allow water to get into the cab? Is there a wire harness or something that passes through and the grommet is damaged? Maybe where a mounting stud passes through for the HVAC box?

OP
OP
R

ramchol76

Reaction score
Not my car/video, I am yet to open. but found this video helpful to visualize what is behind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts