What do your kids roll in? (car seats)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VTburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its been my experience that both Britax and Chicco are great companies, Britax especially for their newborn/infant base/carrier (can't recall the model). The Britax is really convenient and safe too, but I've never used or installed a Chicco, just heard good things. When I get my hands on a laptop I'll throw in some links for prospective buyers to check out.

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
I'll agree about some kids being too big to fit at age 2 on rear-facing seat. My son was the same way. My wife is a certified pediatric RN (1 of 26 in the entire Navy) and she read the research too. Both her and the doctor agreed, the legs against the backrest is acceptable. However, at 18 months my son was turned to forward facing due to his size. Again, my wife and my son's doctor were in complete agreement. My son takes after me.

VTburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd have to read through the NHTSA stuff again but I think along with the age recommendation there's a size limit too, and it's kinda like a warranty; whichever comes first. So all you parents who've said your kid is/was too tall, yep, daddy still knows best. I have the anglo version of Shortround, so I think we'll be waiting until 2.

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
Couldn't wait for post partum, huh? You do realize that your wife and baby will be moved down the hall after delivery, right? That means everything you opened needs to go down the hall too.

Not trying to give you a hard time, or criticize you in any way. Btw, congrats on the new tax deduction.

Last edited:

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the older 2 we never turned it around. Once they were 1 or so, we would move them to the seat that's behind the drivers seat and they would face forward. No issues at all. My youngest is 3 months so it will be a long time.

Cool thanks... my kid turns 10 months tomorrow and i'm itchin to turn that damn car seat around... I heard that the recommended age got bumped up to 3 years old and I was like WTF?!

---------- Post added at 02:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 AM ----------

just read up on the recaro.. and for my limited.. (but we have been researching all the baby stuff) i like the reviews and features of the ProRIde.. damn now I want kid now.. a little buddy.. MINUS the screaming and sleepless night.. i want the good times... will not be long... i will be cool like jacob and have a tahoe full..

It will be good times for sure but be sure to mentally prepare yourself for many sleepless nights and a LOT of screaming lol.

---------- Post added at 02:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 AM ----------

This is a good thread.. Since the wife and I will be having twins in Dec.

Congrats Brent :Handshake:

metal4all6

Reaction score
In my Denali - Recaro ProRide for my 2.5 year old son and a Graco infant seat for my 8 month old girl.

42078257.jpg

Before I got the Denali, I had the ProRide in my Evo. It was pretty cool having my son riding in a Recaro baby seat since Evo's come stock with Recaro seats. My car was also blue, so the blue baby seat was awesome. I'll be getting my daughter the pink ProRide when she's old enough.

I have this one in my wife's car for my son:

attachment.php

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK so i'm on the search for a new car seat now so I can finally put my kid facing forward. It looks like it'll be Recaro or Britax. Which one's better in yalls opinion?

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Couldn't wait for post partum, huh? You do realize that your wife and baby will be moved down the hall after delivery, right? That means everything you opened needs to go down the hall too.

Not trying to give you a hard time, or criticize you in any way. Btw, congrats on the new tax deduction.

Meh, they have assistants that'll move it for ya. ;)