what do you think?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

path2spl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i had a 18 in a 4th order tuned to 50 hz and i played everything from 28hz to 65hz with no prob. also got loud with only 1500watts going to it. never struggled or anything while still having sound quality. not saying that a 4th order is better for daily than a ported just dont want you to go on thinking wrong things about a 4th order :)

OP
OP
2LOUD4U

2LOUD4U

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha ypu guys are crazy especially wrench guy really 2 21" haha really that has to bumpppp and someone make that box i wanna see it

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i had a 18 in a 4th order tuned to 50 hz and i played everything from 28hz to 65hz with no prob. also got loud with only 1500watts going to it. never struggled or anything while still having sound quality. not saying that a 4th order is better for daily than a ported just dont want you to go on thinking wrong things about a 4th order :)

well, considering that I built my first 4th order while you were still learning to walk, I'm not to concerned about 'thinking wrong things about a 4th order'.

Bandpass boxes have all the downsides of a ported box x2 (peaky response, chuffling), but you get to trade some space back for the ability to play (at reduced output) below the tuning freq, or compensate for really really bad choice of drivers.

better to build a low tuned ported box, or sealed if you want to do anything other than play boom boom one note wonder 45hz Master P/ 3rd coast rap, or dance/electronica.

For those that only listen to that music, it is a viable choice, though most everything else (and even some of the former) will sound like doo-doo.
They have their place, like a box that must be ported into the vehicle cabin from the bed, or people who want maximum output in a very limited bandwidth and don't care about non-linear response... ie SPL freaks and teenie bopper SPL wannabes.

Last one I built was a T design with two 12s and had a two piece telescoping port to help tune in-vehicle response ~35hz. it Played most effectively from about 25-45, but even on some of my 'street' music, the lowest bass notes were noticeably subdued to the point of feeling absent in comparison.

OP
OP
2LOUD4U

2LOUD4U

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn u guys no way too much info hahah this is greattt

path2spl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
well, considering that I built my first 4th order while you were still learning to walk, I'm not to concerned about 'thinking wrong things about a 4th order'.

Bandpass boxes have all the downsides of a ported box x2 (peaky response, chuffling), but you get to trade some space back for the ability to play (at reduced output) below the tuning freq, or compensate for really really bad choice of drivers.

better to build a low tuned ported box, or sealed if you want to do anything other than play boom boom one note wonder 45hz Master P/ 3rd coast rap, or dance/electronica.

For those that only listen to that music, it is a viable choice, though most everything else (and even some of the former) will sound like doo-doo.
They have their place, like a box that must be ported into the vehicle cabin from the bed, or people who want maximum output in a very limited bandwidth and don't care about non-linear response... ie SPL freaks and teenie bopper SPL wannabes.

Last one I built was a T design with two 12s and had a two piece telescoping port to help tune in-vehicle response ~35hz. it Played most effectively from about 25-45, but even on some of my 'street' music, the lowest bass notes were noticeably subdued to the point of feeling absent in comparison.
like i said not saying a 4th order is better than a ported or sealed just saying ive had nothing but good experiences with them. thanks for sharing your knowledge and letting me know how old you are..

OP
OP
2LOUD4U

2LOUD4U

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys sorry i havent been on here in a long time iv been really busy with school and football =[ I do have good news thow i ordered the first of 2 BTL today!! im so happy and cant wait im gonna order a spool of 0 gauge wire and we should get this build on the rode i didnt pick the kickers because out here on staten island everyone has kickers and i want to be alot louder and different

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65