What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96-2D-Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turned out fine... by that i mean the ac is still shit but probably as good as its ever been
Try cleaning out your condenser with the hose? Fan clutch? Also check the insulation on the line from the condenser to the firewall. If it's anything like mine it probably needs to be replaced and will be losing some cooling potential. And you've probably done the evaporator already but if not...

96-2D-Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took me about 10 years to finally look for and find the right clips for my drivers door panel that was literally hanging off at the end. I took this off at least 5 years ago to use the clip for comparison and then lost it somehow. Just got one from fleabay. Color diffference is just the light. Was bugging me for ages and it feels good. Wonder if the old one will turn up now?

IMG_5948.JPG

IMG_5949.JPG

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Took me about 10 years to finally look for and find the right clips for my drivers door panel that was literally hanging off at the end. I took this off at least 5 years ago to use the clip for comparison and then lost it somehow. Just got one from fleabay. Color diffference is just the light. Was bugging me for ages and it feels good. Wonder if the old one will turn up now?

View attachment 254883

View attachment 254884
Lol, you know it will!

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try cleaning out your condenser with the hose? Fan clutch? Also check the insulation on the line from the condenser to the firewall. If it's anything like mine it probably needs to be replaced and will be losing some cooling potential. And you've probably done the evaporator already but if not...
Its cold im just used to the ac in my lexus. You know where it blows your face off.

My99Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rear bumper done, 33 tire and high lift jack, I can open the tailgate completely, next step is doing some side steps and roof rack, also put on the front bumper to match, maybe in the future I will paint the rear rim black or dark greyView attachment 254565 View attachment 254566

That swingout looks fantastic. I did something similar but I have to get the HiLift mounted and fab an extending pole to place under the swingout when it is wide open rather than letting the full weight of the gas cans and tire pull on the hinge. I just consider that a life extender to avoid any bending or twisting long term.

mtl111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rear bumper done, 33 tire and high lift jack, I can open the tailgate completely, next step is doing some side steps and roof rack, also put on the front bumper to match, maybe in the future I will paint the rear rim black or dark greyView attachment 254565 View attachment 254566
I don't know how I missed this the other day, looks great! I've been wanting to build a rear tire carrier for my 2 door, would you mind taking some detailed pics that would help myself and others out?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

96-2D-Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spent about 1/2 hour on each fender flare washed, polished, stripped, polished, as they were looking very tired and they have been a bit neglected. Looked much worse/dry in the sun and they still don't look much better tbh.

These are also the best two. Other side have some missing paint along the top and one has some damage. Kind of all need painting really but in the meantime.

Should I be treating these as paint or plastic? Seems like bumper gel would make them look better but they seem painted. I've always struggled with these. I kind of prefer them matte but they are starting to look like crap and I wanted to do something. The other side was worse. What do you do with yours?

IMG_5957.JPG
IMG_5963.JPG

IMG_5958.JPG
IMG_5961.JPG

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I primed and repainted mine with this which is the factory color (for 98 Sport at least)

1f3f31dd0fe0cfa8e40e22ef9adc91d8.jpg

I just masked mine as each flare had a bolt that was just too hard to get to. Results were ok for a rattle can job, about a five footer. The paint alone scratched easily, so I hit it with a few coats of clear but not enough to make it glossy.

The flares will flex, so if I had it to do over I’d look at some anti-flex agent, whatever that is. If you look close, there are tiny hairline spiderweb cracks in the clear.

Last edited:

mtl111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to automotivetouchup.com , ordered the same color code as east302 ,WA6270, gloss clear, sandable primer and an adhesion promoter/flex agent for rubber bumper covers etc. I did mine at least 3 years ago and they still look great. I removed the rear flares since I was completely redoing the interior at the time and had everything removed. I did the front flares on the truck.9018408ed1620a2fbe04afc22f0a2e44.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

My99Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced:

Rear shocks with Explorer Pro Comp ES6000 924509.

Front shocks with Explorer Pro Comp ES6000 918501

Added some Daystar Universal shock boots.

The shocks were due for a swap and these were affordable and gave me some extra length to allow for the slight torsion lift and the extra leaf in the rear.

Replaced front disc brake rotors (AC Delco) and front brake pads (ACDelco 17D369MH Professional Semi-Metallic Front Disc Brake Pad Set)

at the same time I did the shocks.

Rear shocks pics only.

46E0D7D6-AA6E-4005-B7F4-BA4E52F3C841_1_201_a.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rbreard

Latest posts