What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ncalvo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had my dad and some friends stop by for a couple days on their way down to sick week, one of them a tuner, went to flash my tahoe and it glitched halfway through so she's brain dead in the driveway til they get back and his bench tuner gets shipped down... sucks... In 15 years he has only seen it happen twice of course it happens to me.
Anyways the tune will also set me up for success if I do an e-fan conversion which now I am researching.
My truck has been my daily driver for 13 years so I hesitate to make the swap if I run the risk of issues like cooking the harness or the fans dying when I am no where near home on a trip with my wife and kids.
He recommended checking out PCM of NC, anyone have any experience? Very pricey at $250 for the harness and $250 for the gt series fan but figured here is where to ask.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had my dad and some friends stop by for a couple days on their way down to sick week, one of them a tuner, went to flash my tahoe and it glitched halfway through so she's brain dead in the driveway til they get back and his bench tuner gets shipped down... sucks... In 15 years he has only seen it happen twice of course it happens to me.
Anyways the tune will also set me up for success if I do an e-fan conversion which now I am researching.
My truck has been my daily driver for 13 years so I hesitate to make the swap if I run the risk of issues like cooking the harness or the fans dying when I am no where near home on a trip with my wife and kids.
He recommended checking out PCM of NC, anyone have any experience? Very pricey at $250 for the harness and $250 for the gt series fan but figured here is where to ask.
Send @ScottyBoy or @select127 a PM and see if either has any refurb OEM harnesses available. Then check out junkyards for the fans. I overpaid at $60 for my 5/7 blade set of fans at my local yard.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love my efans. Get your harness from @ScottyBoy if you can. I bought a junkyard harness, new fuse box, and @Fless picked me up junkyard fans. 2 wires to pin to the ECM. You need the larger 34” radiator, and I’d recommend the 145A alternator, if you don’t already have it.

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Any chance that's a "ZONE" brand body lift? I actually bought a Zone 1.5" body lift nearly 3 years ago and I have never even opened the box yet. I ordered one for a 99-02 Silverado based on other forum members experience, and from what I have been reading about it over on GMFS forums. My original plan was to install the body lift but leave the bumper height as-is, because I'm planning to install a HD bumper cap and a HD grill
It in fact IS a zone body lift, 1.5”. I had the same idea as you, and can confirm that the HD bumper DOES fit without any modification brackets with the body lifted. I wrote it up on my build thread, but basically the only trouble I had was the park brake cable, and buying the two longer bolts. Overall the job wasn’t hard. I used a 4x4” and sometimes a 2x12” on top to lift the body.

I would also suggest buying a set of body mounts and replacing those at the same time.

ncalvo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Send @ScottyBoy or @select127 a PM and see if either has any refurb OEM harnesses available. Then check out junkyards for the fans. I overpaid at $60 for my 5/7 blade set of fans at my local yard.
Thanks for the info everyone looks like I'll try and track down the OEM goods and save some money as well. Have to check on my alternator, may upgrade my battery cables as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011