What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

400K_or_bust

Reaction score
Washed & stripped coatings and wax off, pulled moldings, and did some minor paint correction with my DA and Megs compound. All this in preparation for my full color change wrap. I have to say if you've never used a 3M wheel that they are absolutely amazing. Some people say they're expensive, but only $50 to save me hours and hours of work was well worth it.

Pic of results. 1 of the swatch of wrap upcoming and 1 of Avery's wrap visualizer clad in Gloss Metallic Dark Blue.

What's left before wrap: Another wash, followed by a full claybar treatment, wash again after claybar. Also removing XM & OnStar antennas off roof and sealing holes left behind.

Denali after molding removal.JPG Image 002.png Image 001.png

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washed & stripped coatings and wax off, pulled moldings, and did some minor paint correction with my DA and Megs compound. All this in preparation for my full color change wrap. I have to say if you've never used a 3M wheel that they are absolutely amazing. Some people say they're expensive, but only $50 to save me hours and hours of work was well worth it.

Pic of results. 1 of the swatch of wrap upcoming and 1 of Avery's wrap visualizer clad in Gloss Metallic Dark Blue.

What's left before wrap: Another wash, followed by a full claybar treatment, wash again after claybar. Also removing XM & OnStar antennas off roof and sealing holes left behind.

View attachment 245751 View attachment 245752 View attachment 245753

I have the same kobalt stool! very interested to see it with the wrap completed!

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
https://www.flopro.com/bigospecs.html

I think its part #2500. Sounds basically stock just a little idle chop and when you get on it there's not much exhaust note just some grunt from the engine. At least that's what it sounds like from inside.
Looks stock from the side.
Pretty serious----
WARNING
These parts are for use on non-registered race vehicles on closed-course competition events *Installing or using this part on any emission controlled vehicle ("street" or "off-road") may violate federal and/or state emissions laws and regulations. *Not available to ship to california
Poor California.....

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got back from the exhaust shop. The drivers side cat flows good. Passengers side is slightly clogged but a piece of the element possibly broke off (he said he heard a rattling in the exhaust which I believe entirely, I've been chasing a rattle for a year now lol).

Cost breakdown. 200 to delete both cats plus 100 to remove the exhaust pipe to get the piece out (if necessary) plus $10 on amazon for 2 antifoulers lol.

Or 350 to weld in a new cat on the passenger side.

Opinions?

400K_or_bust

Reaction score
Whats the cost?

I did it as a trade deal..But for tax purposes we are setting the retail price @ $2500 for the film + labor with the agreement that I am to deliver it to his shop needing no prep work to the paint (I strip all product, clay surfaces, paint correction if needed). Price does NOT include door jams and I am responsible for removing body moldings as well as running boards. Basically all they are doing is applying the wrap. $2500 is very much on the low end for a vehicle as large as mine. It's working out to about $9.12 sq/ft. I would expect normally $11-$14 range.

eand28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got back from the exhaust shop. The drivers side cat flows good. Passengers side is slightly clogged but a piece of the element possibly broke off (he said he heard a rattling in the exhaust which I believe entirely, I've been chasing a rattle for a year now lol).

Cost breakdown. 200 to delete both cats plus 100 to remove the exhaust pipe to get the piece out (if necessary) plus $10 on amazon for 2 antifoulers lol.

Or 350 to weld in a new cat on the passenger side.

Opinions?
I’d just have him replace the cat

asand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought/modified a spare tire rack. It had an adjustable height that I cut the face off of to make the upright tilt away. I also bought 1/8" 2x2 square tube to build a taller upright. Now I can just pull the pin and tilt it back to open the rear door.

IMG_20200427_153140[1].jpg IMG_20200427_153212[1].jpg IMG_20200427_153220[1].jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019