What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
There’s some areas I won’t cheap out on, and lights are one of those. If you buy a name brand you’re good to go. I guess if you bought cheap incandescent housings it wouldn't be a big deal, you can just replace bulbs when they burn out and you can seal them up with silicone but if an led or tube light goes out and it isn’t serviceable you have to toss the whole thing. LEDs should last pretty much forever, it’s usually the circuitry that powers them that fails.
The exact reason why I won't buy the led tails.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The exact reason why I won't buy the led tails.
Just don’t buy junk! Sheesh. Buy genuine name brand stuff. Like I said, 3 years on mine so far and I doubt they’ll ever go out. Don’t buy an LED TV either? Where do you stop? I mean, if you buy the cheapest of anything it’s not gonna last.

400K_or_bust

Reaction score
Yesterday had the 5 holes in the rear gate left from my wiper delete filled and leveled. Had them use bondo glass as opposed to welding since I was told the heat can do a number on the paint.

rear before wiper delete and rollpan.png Here's a picture of the back of the truck shortly after I bought it January 2019..

And today:

rear wiper delete after fill and before wrap.png

rear wiper delete after fill and before wrap closeup.png

I go meet with the wrap shop today at noon to plan out the full vinyl wrap I've been contemplating for the past 5 months.

Can't believe the difference in looks between then and now.

Finally a side shot for attention:

Denali Side Shot.jpeg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yesterday had the 5 holes in the rear gate left from my wiper delete filled and leveled. Had them use bondo glass as opposed to welding since I was told the heat can do a number on the paint.

View attachment 244806 Here's a picture of the back of the truck shortly after I bought it January 2019..

And today:

View attachment 244807

View attachment 244808

I go meet with the wrap shop today at noon to plan out the full vinyl wrap I've been contemplating for the past 5 months.

View attachment 244809
Bondo glass? I don’t understand what you mean by welding can do a number on the paint since it needs to be repainted after filling anyway. But my bud owns a body shop and he said if you don’t weld in backing panels it will crack after time since it gets slammed shut hundreds of times. I had mine tack welded with aluminum plates, mine is aluminum but yours might not be. Good luck.

400K_or_bust

Reaction score
But my bud owns a body shop and he said if you don’t weld in backing panels it will crack after time since it gets slammed shut hundreds of times.

I wasn't planning on repainting at the moment due to the impending wrap being put on. Although I hadn't really thought about having backing panels to handle the stress, but it makes logical sense to me.

I dunno....My understanding of the reinforced bondo is that it negates the need for backing plate due to the higher strength properties of it vs regular bondo. But shit, it could be all marketing for all I know.

Assuming Jim mentioned that about the backing plates? I don't doubt anything he says. He's been right on the money with the stuff I've done with him.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wasn't planning on repainting at the moment due to the impending wrap being put on. Although I hadn't really thought about having backing panels to handle the stress, but it makes logical sense to me.

I dunno....My understanding of the reinforced bondo is that it negates the need for backing plate due to the higher strength properties of it vs regular bondo. But shit, it could be all marketing for all I know.

Assuming Jim mentioned that about the backing plates? I don't doubt anything he says. He's been right on the money with the stuff I've done with him.
Yessir, Jim Thompson. Are you one of the guys I’ve sent his way? I have terrible memory.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well shit. I managed to break my Performabuilt Level 3 4l60 again. WOT hitting second and something snapped, no forward but reverse is fine. I talked to the boys there and although I’m tempted to do the 4l80 swap and try to find the unicorn adapter for my nv249 transfer case, I decided to give the a Black Edition 4l60 a try, but if it breaks that will be the last straw. I have to pay the difference but it will come with a new 2 year warranty. It’s rated for 1000 HP but that’s not what’s killing these, it’s the weight and AWD COMBINED with boost. Dammit.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Well shit. I managed to break my Performabuilt Level 3 4l60 again. WOT hitting second and something snapped, no forward but reverse is fine. I talked to the boys there and although I’m tempted to do the 4l80 swap and try to find the unicorn adapter for my nv249 transfer case, I decided to give the a Black Edition 4l60 a try, but if it breaks that will be the last straw. I have to pay the difference but it will come with a new 2 year warranty. It’s rated for 1000 HP but that’s not what’s killing these, it’s the weight and AWD COMBINED with boost. Dammit.
Well that sux! Are you gonna pull it yourself again?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

View attachment 244806 Here's a picture of the back of the truck shortly after I bought it January 2019..

And today:

View attachment 244807

View attachment 244808

View attachment 244809
Love the affer shot :waytogo:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz