What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put on a new lift kit in front skid plate and a set of shock hoops. Still got to figure out what shocks to run with it they’re not very long from the shock hoop to the top a arm is all. Lift Kit Was a big pain in the ass to do I don’t recommend that lift for anybody. Go with the spindle Lift Kit if you want a lift.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
new maf i bought came in the mail today. installed it back on the tahoe, runs fine on it. treated it to a tank of 93 octane at the tune of 55 bucks. i think the last time i filled it up was last year. :)

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats scary af. Howd you drive down the street on that?

"Torque gun" huh? Ive used rattle gun or impact... Anyways its a good idea to use a torque wrench. Nice of you to share your experience. Im sure someone will learn from it.

it actually didn't drive any differently than usual

from inside the vehicle, between the exhaust and my car audio, I couldn't hear any noise at all

it wasn't until my coworker pointed it out, and I drove home with all the windows down, that I even noticed anything

and yeah I'm hoping my experience can help someone else. I went and watched a lot of videos of wheels falling off on the highway and nearly scared myself shitless

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it actually didn't drive any differently than usual

from inside the vehicle, between the exhaust and my car audio, I couldn't hear any noise at all

it wasn't until my coworker pointed it out, and I drove home with all the windows down, that I even noticed anything

and yeah I'm hoping my experience can help someone else. I went and watched a lot of videos of wheels falling off on the highway and nearly scared myself shitless
yeah i definitely used to just snug shit up and call it good years ago. Now that my vehicles transport my family I am pretty **** about torque wrenches atleast when dealing with brakes suspension and wheels.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone do the 28" to 34" rad upgrade?

Im doing on grandpas truck bc the rad leaks and i can get the hd 2 core 34" rad for less than the original one. Looks like it should be basically plug n play?

another thought. Are they the same from NBS to OBS? They seem very similar. Can I upgrade my escalade rad and use the old escalade rad in grandpas truck? Not sure I want to do all that but if its easy maybe ill spend another hour on it.

Its a wider core in teh cu624 (HD rad for the obs trucks) that I have purchased for the obs truck compared to what I see is listed as an oem replacement for the caddy.

Last edited:

ArcticYukon

The White Yuke has been superseded by a Red Hoe
Reaction score
Anyone do the 28" to 34" rad upgrade?

Im doing on grandpas truck bc the rad leaks and i can get the hd 2 core 34" rad for less than the original one. Looks like it should be basically plug n play?

another thought. Are they the same from NBS to OBS? They seem very similar. Can I upgrade my escalade rad and use the old escalade rad in grandpas truck? Not sure I want to do all that but if its easy maybe ill spend another hour on it.

Its a wider core in teh cu624 (HD rad for the obs trucks) that I have purchased for the obs truck compared to what I see is listed as an oem replacement for the caddy.

Mine has the HD tow package, so it came with the 34".

I would imagine that since you have the 28", it doesn't have the engine oil cooler. Should be able to find a 34" without the engine oil cooler at autozone and the other major parts suppliers. I wouldn't think it would be all that difficult to install. Only other issue would be your fan shroud. Your current one is 6" too narrow.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has the HD tow package, so it came with the 34".

I would imagine that since you have the 28", it doesn't have the engine oil cooler. Should be able to find a 34" without the engine oil cooler at autozone and the other major parts suppliers. I wouldn't think it would be all that difficult to install. Only other issue would be your fan shroud. Your current one is 6" too narrow.

I could just not hook up the engine oil cooler for the time being id imagine. Plug the holes. I'd probably plumb it up at some point for the heck of it.

Yeah i know the shroud wont cover and thats not ideal. Looks like I can get em for $50 if i need to from ebay or jy find em for cheap. Atm ive got $65 into the wider and thicker rad whereas the 28" rads i found are going for $100. If i can upgrade for roughly the same money or even less win/win.

The part im not super clear on is if i need different mounting brackets. I think i need the uppers so ive ordered some. And i think the lowers can be relocated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman