What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a link to retrofit OEM denali or aftermarket denali replicas.

The basic part of the retrofit is pretty easy. It's the getting the projector beam perfectly straight and getting the hotspots of the bulbs right. Take your time and make sure your hotspots are correct first as it will affect the cutoff line. Dont seal everything up until you make sure the cutoff line is perfectly horizontal you may need to rotate your projector so wait on the sealant.
My aftermarket Denali projectors are Spyders and don't look like those. I just went and dug them out lol; they were buried in my spare bedroom. Kinda similar though. I wonder if the 7.1's would work.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could have, but wanted OEM and I got a pretty good deal on these.

You're using oem housings? Or aftermarket oem replacement? Where'd you get the clear corners from?

I'm honestly thinking of picking up a other set of lights to try to fit the Morimoto D2S 5.0s with some trimming

I want to use some oem bulbs and get insane output

eand28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're using oem housings? Or aftermarket oem replacement? Where'd you get the clear corners from?

I'm honestly thinking of picking up a other set of lights to try to fit the Morimoto D2S 5.0s with some trimming

Klearz.com sells both the regular style reflector and the Denali style

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My aftermarket Denali projectors are Spyders and don't look like those. I just went and dug them out lol; they were buried in my spare bedroom. Kinda similar though. I wonder if the 7.1's would work.

make sure to get 7.0 NOT 7.1

7.1s suck

damn people were paying $85 for that?

You can get an entire set of headlights with the markers for only $126 lol

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score

7.1s suck

I'd say make sure you get MORIMOTO MH1 7.0 I havent head great things of others like the cheaper Acme projectors.

Theres no way I would pay 85 for it lol. I'd just rock amber or black them out

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put together an exhaust backpressure setup to test my cats. It's amazing that shops tell me there is no way to test them. Either way i used a spark plug fouler and a 3/8 npt× 1/4 barb adapter with thread sealer and hooked it up to a cheap harbour freight vacuum gauge.I used some leftover hose from my catchcan install to get it some length on it to see the gauge from inside the truck. No welding required. A lot cheaper than the $120 gauges online.

Pulled the front O2 sensor and started up the truck. I thought for sure I would see some pressure build up but the needle stayed neutral and after running it up to 2-3k it didnt build pressure so I guess I'm not gonna get to punch a cat.

Reason for the test im just paranoid due to last engine suffering from failing cats. Thought I would share. 7ecbd539b1815c6dfc292dd47029be91.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score

7.1s suck

$85 ain't even that bad(well it is). They wanted $90 for clear reflectors for my wifes 200. I needed fronts and rears. $180 plus shipping. No led or anything special, just a flat 1"x5" plastic lens. Damn canadians and their crazy prices. So I made my own.

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score

OEM housings from GM. I ordered the clear corners from Klearz.com when they originally put them out a couple years ago. They are a little pricey, but i wanted the headlights to look complete with a clear lense rather than leaving the Amber or no lense at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz