What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any pics of where you mounted the strips and info on what strips you used?

I don't blame you for not sharing all your secrets haha. But thanks for telling me that. It will be a great help.

Ha ha, got to keep somethings hush hush. lol

CLick my sig that says "TAHOE WHAT"

Dont want to clutter up this thread w/ questions.

Will put up info in my thread shortly.

chevync

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should have the tahoe back from the shop monday, once I get it home I will be adding my catch can, projectors with HID kit, LED front turn signals, DRL, and if nothing else happens to it (knock on wood), april it will be going to paint.

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

With 3k miles on the newly rebuilt motor, new set of heads, would it hurt to use Castrol GTX Synthetic Blend 5-30 oil?

Reaction score
Should have the tahoe back from the shop monday, once I get it home I will be adding my catch can, projectors with HID kit, LED front turn signals, DRL, and if nothing else happens to it (knock on wood), april it will be going to paint.

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

With 3k miles on the newly rebuilt motor, new set of heads, would it hurt to use Castrol GTX Synthetic Blend 5-30 oil?

Nice man sounds like it's gonna look great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bought me some brand new tires! First time I have ever bought 4 brand new tires lol... bought 275/65r18 cooper Discoverer atp

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought me some brand new tires! First time I have ever bought 4 brand new tires lol... bought 275/65r18 cooper Discoverer atp

Pics?

What did you run before?

You like the more aggressive look? I did when I switched from BF Goodrich long trail T/A's to my NITTO TERRA GRAPPLER's

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pics?

What did you run before?

You like the more aggressive look? I did when I switched from BF Goodrich long trail T/A's to my NITTO TERRA GRAPPLER's

The truck is filthy right now. We are getting ice and crap so I haven't washed it... but yea the tread pattern on them looks great. I wanted a more aggressive side wall but these were much cheaper so I went with them.

I think my old ones were BFG rugged trail's. They weren't bad, but they were dry rotted and needed to go. So far the new ones do great in the rain, we shall see how they do on ice tomorrow lol.

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The truck is filthy right now. We are getting ice and crap so I haven't washed it... but yea the tread pattern on them looks great. I wanted a more aggressive side wall but these were much cheaper so I went with them.

I think my old ones were BFG rugged trail's. They weren't bad, but they were dry rotted and needed to go. So far the new ones do great in the rain, we shall see how they do on ice tomorrow lol.

My TERRA GRAPPLERS do great in the rain as well.

I am fortunately lucky enough to live in California where I am not exposed to driving on snow and ice unless I head up into the Sierra's.

Last edited:

rebl68

Supporting Member
Reaction score
installed longer rear sway bar links from Zone since i put a 1.5" spacer in the rear.

i've been having some wandering steering so I've been debating adjusting the steering gear a bit via the sector shaft bolt, but the rear links have seemed to help calm down a bit, wondering if it was mostly vehicle weight adjusting that caused the steering to wander.

I'll have to keep an eye on it over the next week or so before I go into the steering box.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xmen_1217