What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, I also got the alignment yesterday, and now they say my steering box, pitman arm and idler arm need replaced. They want 250 plus parts to do it. At this point I'm just gonna drive it, and hope the tires last a little while. That's probably what I should have done in the first place.

Here's the front with 4 different colors of plastic, lol
$250 labor to replace a steering gear box, pitman arm, and idler arm is a steal compared to the labor prices just for a steering box in my neck of the woods...$400 labor for just box I paid x3. Once from Chevy dealer twice from independent shop when I supplied my own parts. I would do pitman and idler arm and see how steering is...all remanufactured boxes I have dealt with sucked, they do however have ‘new ones’ on rock auto I would like to try one day.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
$250 labor to replace a steering gear box, pitman arm, and idler arm is a steal compared to the labor prices just for a steering box in my neck of the woods...$400 labor for just box I paid x3. Once from Chevy dealer twice from independent shop when I supplied my own parts. I would do pitman and idler arm and see how steering is...all remanufactured boxes I have dealt with sucked, they do however have ‘new ones’ on rock auto I would like to try one day.
Do not buy reman boxes, get a blue top or red top. They are a bit pricey but worth every penny

Walchit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
250 has me questioning if it's even worth it to do it myself, lol.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You ain't kidding. I've been lucky none of those have gone bad. It's a matter of time thou.
I did the recirc one last time. It’s up on top. The service manual says you need to remove the entire dash sub assembly but I found a video on how to cheat but it’s almost impossible to get to the screws like that. It took a lot of cussing and some blood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne