What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwilson62000

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was noticing some odd noises that seemed to be exhaust related.Decided if I was replacing it, might as well give it a little more kick. Was missing the FM Super 50 sound my old Tahoe had. Went with a “house” brand a local shop recommended. Very similiar sound. Hear it when you get on it, but very little drone while cruzing.

Old:

New:

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I drove from Virginia Beach, VA to Ashland, VA to meet my daughter for her birthday lunch. Round trip around 230 miles, lots of traffic and a good pace between 70 & 75. My 2001 Tahoe performed as well as ever with a new radiator, thermostat, hoses, belts, tensioners and water pump. I am the original owner and wanted to get some of the spring preventive maintenance done early to test drive it for the summer vacation travels.
We spent 10 years in Virginia Beach - just off Independence Boulevard. Our three daughters were born in three different hospitals. Portsmouth, Norfolk and Virginia Beach. Loved our time there.

ZEUS1

Reaction score
We spent 10 years in Virginia Beach - just off Independence Boulevard. Our three daughters were born in three different hospitals. Portsmouth, Norfolk and Virginia Beach. Loved our time there.
I also lived there 8sih years, my son was born in Chesapeake, i don't miss that traffic, but i do miss the good times i had there.

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
After 2 fails apiece at the GMC dealer and Chevy dealer and them first claiming it wa good to go, then blaming my new tires (I also swapped those around too!) I decided to do the ole fishing line, jackstands and a ruler alignment. What’d ya know, now the steering wheel isn’t crooked and it doesn’t drift left anymore. Ridiculous. Left front wheel was toed out. Assume the camber/caster were good enough- I mean they were green on the print outs

Attachments

• IMG_1913.jpeg
    IMG_1913.jpeg
    306.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1916.png
    IMG_1916.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1915.png
    IMG_1915.png
    957.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also lived there 8sih years, my son was born in Chesapeake, i don't miss that traffic, but i do miss the good times i had there.
Yep, traffic really sucked. I used to head in very very early to NAS Norfolk to avoid some of that traffic. But we did enjoy our time there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu