What did you do to your 2015-2020 K2XX Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sd172

Reaction score
Excessive camshaft lobe scoring/wear, metal shavings in oil, loss of compression and misfires in affected cylinder, unburned gasoline in the exhaust? I would get if fixed before there’s a need for a new engine unless you are in the middle of a desert and your life depends on it.

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get your truck back yet? I got a call on Friday. GM owes me a correct part number under hood air scoop on my Z06. After 5 months, it’s off the back order list. Hopefully will be delivered to the dealer on Tuesday. (I got a relationship with my dealer, I’m just picking up the part and installing it myself).
Yeah got it back 1.5 weeks ago. Insane...

Few days ago, someone pulls onto the road, across all lanes to turn left, I skid, and bumped him, then he ran... Cops never showed up after 45 minutes... All I was left with was a Uninsured driver, dude with no drivers license, and a scraped up front bumper. I am cursed... Every wreck I have been in beside getting bumped in the back of my 56 at a stop sign was in, Black Chevy... I think I need to pick a new color....

Reaction score
Took my new-to-me 2018 that I bought in FEB 2021 to the snow (Mt. Laguna) for the first time. No real issues, but the original Bridgestone Duelers it came with (currently have 43k mi) are past their end-of-life date, for sure. The front passenger tire is practically bald, but still no real issues through the snow. Nothing crazy, but was breaking the path in some parts around 3-6". Hard to compare to my previous (2012 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4) because of the atrocious tires, so I ordered Michelin Defenders (seems to be the prevailing choice on this forum by far) from Costco and will have those on before my next snow foray in FEB 2022 to Big Bear. Will see how they fare then - expecting much better performance (i.e. wheel spin and traction).
Got the set of Michelin X LT A/S (i.e. Costco-exclusive Michelin Defender) installed to replace the OEM Duelers, and a suspension alignment. Don't see any night-and-day level difference, but admittedly, my butt-dyno is not very refined at all. On a related note, I didn't realize Costco has DIY fill stations for your tires AND it's with nitrogen. Compelling, if you ask me.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Excessive camshaft lobe scoring/wear, metal shavings in oil, loss of compression and misfires in affected cylinder, unburned gasoline in the exhaust? I would get if fixed before there’s a need for a new engine unless you are in the middle of a desert and your life depends on it.
if all that is happening from a lifter tick then it's too late already, call it a wash

sd172

Reaction score
I would have to ask someone more knowledgeable how quickly the tick will turn into something of a concern. Seeing a check engine light due to misfire will indicate certain damage.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would have to ask someone more knowledgeable how quickly the tick will turn into something of a concern. Seeing a check engine light due to misfire will indicate certain damage.
gm lifter tick is a age old issue.....in general it does nothing other than "tick", other sounds or diagnosis are of course different

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled the trigger on some Lloyd carpeted mats for my '15 Yukon XL Denali. Went with the Luxe line for the (2) front mats and then went with their Ultimat line for the 2nd row, 3rd row, and cargo mat. Ebony silver "DENALI" embroidery and the added premium black vinyl binding.

I'll give the interior a good vacuum and detail before throwing these in. Happy with the way they turned out. Our dog approves as well he was already laying on the large cargo mat.

N2yy7Lp.jpg
ef9UWsF.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076