What did you do to your 2015-2020 K2XX Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cody W

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think the backup camera's resolution at nighttime is slightly better than that of a potato, so I swapped out the license plate bulbs with Sylvania LEDs in hopes of brightening it up back there. Haven't had a chance to see if there's any noticeable diff yet :shrug:
I swapped my reverse lights and plate lights for sylvania led's as well. If anything, it made the camera quality worse because of the led in halogen reflectors reflected the light into the camera causing weird lines. I installed a pair of led lights under the bumper that work awesome. The camera is super clear now at night.

Reaction score
I swapped my reverse lights and plate lights for sylvania led's as well. If anything, it made the camera quality worse because of the led in halogen reflectors reflected the light into the camera causing weird lines. I installed a pair of led lights under the bumper that work awesome. The camera is super clear now at night.
Oh man, hahaha. That's kind of funny/ironic - I guess I know what I have to look forward to now!

Reaction score
I bought these Husky/Weathertech knock-offs since they were on sale for $92. Their fit/finish are definitely on par with H/WT. The only two real discernible differences I can see: 1) for the two front liners, their coverage does not extend as far back/up into the foot wells, and 2) they're more pliable and not as rigid. Also, for the driver's liner, they do have two holes for those floorboard anchors. For $40 less, no complaints and would purchase again.

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 5

Hobert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$650 full price or $570 on sale thats pretty steep for catch can or cans. I just watched video. He keept saying WOT. Cmon. Way too many hoses, tees and check valves to go bad
There is baffle on both valve covers so oil will have hard time reaching intake pipe in stock form
But if you liked, more power to you

Yes I have been known for overkill. I entertain the family!

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I have been known for overkill. I entertain the family!

Tell me about overkill. Some guys running just one wideband. How about dual pre cat and dual post cat widebands, plus dual EGTs and OEM 2 pre cat and 2 post cat O2 sensors

Resized_20210731_151010.jpegResized_20210731_151001.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have really bright LEDs in my tag lights and my reverse lights and now it's a slightly better potato

same here, i have a cree led style in the reverse lights...it is better, but the resolution leaves alot to be desired for such a pricey vehicle.

Agreed. I too have upgraded my reverse lights. My wife’s $25,000 VW has a crystal clear camera. Puts my ~$60,000 Tahoe camera to shame during the day and night.

Well, I had a chance to check out the change in quality/lighting/resolution. It might be marginally better at best, but at least it doesn't appear to be any worse off. I'll chalk that up as a win, hahaha.

Glisella

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I brought the '18 in for first complimentary oil change as part of CPO program and the AC started blowing warm...they had it for 6 days and I walked out with new:

Rear AC evap hose (84524266 found a hole after pressure test/dye)
Oil cooler lines (84791853 tech said they were wet)
Radiator (84164905 tech said small leak)

Total bill was $0. 64K miles, covered under the 12 month/12K mile CPO bumper to bumper warranty, no deductible.

Since I plan on keeping this truck for a while like my '08, I'm glad to get all the new parts for free I possibly can lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiGrayMSM