What did you do to your 2015-2020 K2XX Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sd172

Reaction score
I literally mounted per the instructions from JLT. I'm guessing you could make those modifications if you wanted. Probably wouldn't be too hard but you'll need longer hoses. I'd be concerned about having the hoses too long as well. They make an all black one if you want it to blend into the engine bay more.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Any concerns about the moisture inside the can and hoses freezing over in winter and completely blocking the PCV?

WifesYukon17

Reaction score
Any concerns about the moisture inside the can and hoses freezing over in winter and completely blocking the PCV?
Nope. My wife's truck is a garage baby. My F150 has a JLT catch can on it, it lives outside. No issues in 10000+ miles.

I'm more concerned about how the 5.3s intake valves look after 40000 miles of oil vapor building up. DI engines are notorious for it. Ford addressed this with dual (port and direct) injection on the F150 engines. I still run one on my truck.

This is a little over 10000 miles of catch can collection from my 2019 F150 5.0. All this will not be going back through the intake manifold to be burned.
e4fcf3847e6a5a0710f9aa2353151dd3.jpg

sd172

Reaction score
Port injected 5.7 that gets 12 to 13 MPG anyone? The DI system adds complexity but definitely helps with efficiency.
I used a can of CRC cleaner at around 40,000 miles on my Tahoe and sprayed it right in front of the throttle plate. Not sure how much it helped, but the engine seemed smoother after that.

Last edited:

WifesYukon17

Reaction score
Port injected 5.7 that gets 12 to 13 MPG anyone? The DI system adds complexity but definitely helps with efficiency.
I used a can of CRC cleaner at around 40,000 miles on my Tahoe and sprayed it right in front of the throttle plate. Not sure how much it helped, but the engine seemed smoother after that.
She has about 45k on the Yukon and I'm planning on doing that right before the next oil change. I planned one using CRC or Lucas GDI. I did just clean the throttle body and plate and it seems to be a little smoother. I really wanna get a camera back in there to see what it really looks like.

sd172

Reaction score
I’ve anecdotally heard that replacing your engine air filter frequently also helps with fighting valve deposits. The theory behind it is that the clogged filter will create more intake vacuum and pull in more PCV vapors with oil mist in them.

WifesYukon17

Reaction score
About 3 weeks of the JLT can being on the Yukon and its half full (3oz total compacity) already. Full disclosure, my wife drives a good bit of highway commuting so makes sense. I'm gonna have to empty that thing once a month.f0f6ad8f2e750d20cf7fddcee03eece1.jpg7f7177a986c6a1d07e6c6b16bcd74322.jpg

Reaction score
So on the JLT are the ports dedicated inlet/outlet? Or does it matter which way you plumb it to the PCV? I got the Moroso can on my 6.2 and in a couple hundred miles it hasn't pulled in a drop. Didn't come with any instructions so I wasn't sure if maybe I plumbed it backwards? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

WifesYukon17

Reaction score
So on the JLT are the ports dedicated inlet/outlet? Or does it matter which way you plumb it to the PCV? I got the Moroso can on my 6.2 and in a couple hundred miles it hasn't pulled in a drop. Didn't come with any instructions so I wasn't sure if maybe I plumbed it backwards? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yes. There is a "correct way" to install it.