What did you do to your 2015-2020 K2XX Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Washed my wife’s ‘15. A couple years ago I watched a guy use a leaf blower to dry his truck and thought “man...that’s a bit crazy.” I’m that guy now. And I do a final gentle pat dry. Haha! :insane:

Otherwise it’s a whole bunch of :buffer: getting rid of those nasty swirl marks.

442A037C-8734-4000-8788-9DC33A66A9C5.jpeg

Staggered 02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The center of the hood on the Escalade kept getting "cloudy". Earlier this year we wet sanded it gave it a good buff and got it looking much better. With time the "cloudy" look slowly started coming back.

Sooooo. Today we sanded the hood, and touched up ~ 4 chips that were on the hood. We prepared the hood and worked on the hood. No more "cloudy" look on the hood. Tomorrow or Tuesday we'll color sand and buff it for the final finish.

First pic captured that "cloudy" look that was in need of a resolution.

We also worked on the Duramax and the crew cab. Busy fun day today.

20201220_103639.jpg 20201220_171624.jpg 20201220_171626.jpg

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The center of the hood on the Escalade kept getting "cloudy". Earlier this year we wet sanded it gave it a good buff and got it looking much better. With time the "cloudy" look slowly started coming back.

Sooooo. Today we sanded the hood, and touched up ~ 4 chips that were on the hood. We prepared the hood and worked on the hood. No more "cloudy" look on the hood. Tomorrow or Tuesday we'll color sand and buff it for the final finish.

View attachment 265626 View attachment 265627 View attachment 265628

thats the quality GM prep & paint for the '15 to '20's for ya ;)

fyi, roof will start having same issue too

some threads here & on gm-trucks on topic

Staggered 02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^ Yeah, that is unfortunately the case. After wet sanding and buffing it will be 100% taken care of and on to the next order of business.

Staggered 02

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 265626 View attachment 265627 View attachment 265628

Color sanding and buffing completed tonight. Came out great. One more item off the "to do" list.

20201221_191642.jpg 20201221_200812.jpg 20201221_203345.jpg 20201221_205146.jpg

Jeramia

Reaction score
replaced condenser. U tube vid. says 1 hour, That's B.S
Well, not to happy about my condenser replacement. Seems that the transmission line from the radiator to the condenser was not not installed properly and popped out, causing all of my trans, fluid to be dumped on the highway. There is a small plastic cap that was not seated over the snap rings causing the retainer to expand letting the tube slip out. Learned somthing new today

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, not to happy about my condenser replacement. Seems that the transmission line from the radiator to the condenser was not not installed properly and popped out, causing all of my trans, fluid to be dumped on the highway. There is a small plastic cap that was not seated over the snap rings causing the retainer to expand letting the tube slip out. Learned somthing new today
it's more likely the snap clip was not installed properly, it may be possible it came off on it's own but pretty unlikely. that snap clip can be put on wrong and the pressure in the cooler lines is low and would stay in on it's own until just enough pressure pushed it out.

Jeramia

Reaction score
The snap ring was already installed on the new condenser that I bought from GM. I drove about 3 miles while the trans. fluid was being pumped out. Put new fluid in. Trans seems OK.

Jeramia

Reaction score
it's more likely the snap clip was not installed properly, it may be possible it came off on it's own but pretty unlikely. that snap clip can be put on wrong and the pressure in the cooler lines is low and would stay in on it's own until just enough pressure pushed it out.
I think you are right. I might not have seated it all the way in when the clip was replaced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts