What did you do to your 2015-2020 K2XX Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First oil change on the Suburban and I’ll tell ya... What a freaking shitshow. I’d love to meet the grease pit gorilla who changed the oil last time. :biggun:

Drain plug hardly moved even with a 12” breaker bar and even then it was touch and go, since the socket was twisting off the head.

Finally got it off and it looks like it’s had a hard life in the last five years, so had to drive to AutoZone to get a new one.

Next in line was the filter and the same damn thing continued. :banghead: Mangled my trusty old filter wrench to shit and it didn’t move a bit. Had to use my 12” channellocks to get it out. Luckily there was just enough room to fit them there.

What a PITA, but at least it’s done. Should be helluva lot easier next time around. :favorites68:

Emptied catch can for the first time, too, and not too much stuff in it. Maybe 1/4 cup.

E579D70A-2953-495C-9564-33AE7EFC7239.jpeg 8AE0992C-4EBE-4892-B196-9338F3C4AA59.jpeg 776B979C-4DA2-481D-950A-27FCB67C741B.jpeg

Last edited:

Jeff_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First oil change on the Suburban and I’ll tell ya... What a freaking shitshow. I’d love to meet the grease pit gorilla who changed the oil last time. :biggun:

Drain plug hardly moved even with a 12” breaker bar and even then it was tpuch and go, since the socket was twisting off the head.

Finally got it off and it looks like it’s had a hard life in the last five years, so had to drive to AutoZone to get a new one.

Next in line was the filter and the dame damn thing continued. :banghead: Mangled my trusty old filter wrench to shit and it didn’t move a bit. Had to use my 12” channellocks get it out. Luckily there was just enough room to fit them there.

What a PITA, but at least it’s done. Should be helluva lot easier next time around. :favorites68:

Emptied catch can for the first time, too, and not too much stuff in it. Maybe 1/4 cup.

View attachment 275351 View attachment 275352 View attachment 275353
Sorry to read this but not surprised.
I posted before in the past when I first took home my CPO Tahoe I went to change the oil and the Chevy dealership had used air tools to tighten on the filter as well. Couldn’t get it off with any of my wrenches and had to hammer a screwdriver through the entire filter and twist it off that way..
Why I never trust anyone else to work on my vehicles.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Drain plug hardly moved even with a 12” breaker bar and even then it was touch and go, since the socket was twisting off the head.

Next in line was the filter and the same damn thing continued. :banghead: Mangled my trusty old filter wrench to shit and it didn’t move a bit. Had to use my 12” channellocks to get it out. Luckily there was just enough room to fit them there.

The celebratory "**** you, I got'r done" beer. :happy107::beer:

Love how the catch can holds the funnel too. :waytogo:

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The celebratory "**** you, I got'r done" beer. :happy107::beer:

Hell yeah! :anitoof: There I was thinking about a quick 30-40 minute job which in the end took me almost two hours with a trip to AZ and working meticulously trying not to break things that were put on with an impact gun or something. Definitely called for a beer or two or three. :cheers:

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hell yeah! :anitoof: There I was thinking about a quick 30-40 minute job which in the end took me almost two hours with a trip to AZ and working meticulously trying not to break things that were put on with an impact gun or something. Definitely called for a beer or two or three. :cheers:

Yeah I think that's the best part, those times when simple projects go awry and you conquer. Let that oil drain down the funnel while you take a swig and nod your head up and down like "yeah *****" a boss. LOL

Pittz

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I have been running a Fumoto valve for 5 years without issue. I do not even use jack stands or ramps anymore for oil changes. I highly recommend getting one. I use the Fram Extra Guard oil filters with the grip. I use no tools on my oil changes. Just FYI.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick