What did you do to your 2015-2020 K2XX Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went for a drive last night and within the first 1/4 mile the driver side went out. So, it kind of looks to me like there’s something wrong with it. Or would the anti-flicker modules prevent that from happening?

So freaking annoying... :banghead:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went for a drive last night and within the first 1/4 mile the driver side went out. So, it kind of looks to me like there’s something wrong with it. Or would the anti-flicker modules prevent that from happening?

So freaking annoying... :banghead:
probably not, the anti-flicker is just a little capacitor

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would warranty the bulb, remember...everything has QC and failure issues. Every maker around has a small percentage of failures.

good luck with the warranty, the wait hassle will be worth the nigh vision provided.

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did an online chat with TRS and they said they'd send me new ones after I send them pics of the current ones being destroyed or they'll sell me a new pair at 50% discount and refund that once I send them the pics.

Chose to pay the 50% since I don't want to keep on removing that stupid airbox all the time. I'll just do it all in one shot. Destroy them afterwards and send them the pics for the refund. I have slight reservations about the whole process, but oh well...

I could've also requested a return directly from the order on my account, but looks like you'd have to pay shipping. Of course shipping would've been less than what I paid now in case I don't get a refund for the 50%, but guess we'll see. I just want to be done with this. :mad:

Once I get these taken care of, I still need to order at least the fogs so I can install them while I do the tow hook conversion and add fogs.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did an online chat with TRS and they said they'd send me new ones after I send them pics of the current ones being destroyed or they'll sell me a new pair at 50% discount and refund that once I send them the pics.

Chose to pay the 50% since I don't want to keep on removing that stupid airbox all the time. I'll just do it all in one shot. Destroy them afterwards and send them the pics for the refund. I have slight reservations about the whole process, but oh well...

I could've also requested a return directly from the order on my account, but looks like you'd have to pay shipping. Of course shipping would've been less than what I paid now in case I don't get a refund for the 50%, but guess we'll see. I just want to be done with this. :mad:

Once I get these taken care of, I still need to order at least the fogs so I can install them while I do the tow hook conversion and add fogs.
That is Morimoto's policy, to have you show the defective product is destroyed. it's a tax write off for them and no extra cost involved shipping it back

Brittanyb2214

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2015 LTZ. Converted the magnetic ride to Fox 2.0 coilovers, added Xineering 3/4 bypass kit to avoid any warning lights for the suspension, added a 1.5 inch spacer in the rear, KSP upper control arms, and longer end links for the rear. This Tahoe started out as stock loaded with chrome. Traded out the stock 22s for some 20s and a set 265 60 20 BFG ultra terrain tire. Also upgraded the stock air intake with a Jr air intake system (kept the stock airbox) installed Gibson dual sport exhaust, and added a custom tune. No longer your typcial grocery getter! I have a before and after picture to show all the progress.

20210204_135447.jpg

Last edited:

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the replacement Morimotos today but only replaced the driver’s side which was the one having the flickering issue, regardless of the side it was installed in.

Was able to get it clocked in so that the LEDs are at 9 and 3 and no more flickering or turning off. Passenger side did a couple of flickers first, but that was it. Will replace that tomorrow, just in case. Then it’s off to destroying them, sending pics and getting my money back.

Took it for a ride and I think they look pretty good. The wall picture is about 30 feet away. It kind of looks like there are two dark spots, but so far they didn’t bother me. Pretty happy with the upgrade.

B7603B35-8B93-4669-999B-AD58825BBA5E.jpeg 11F10A9E-D026-4F15-A706-ED36ED6F923A.jpeg

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pull back from your wall shot about another 20-25 ft...i played with my adjustments of the housings...actually have raised the center line from stock setting a decent amount. it really helped down road illumination and no one has flashed me as of yet.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BrittanyB...how is the tone of the engine with the JR tube ???

i am leaning on doing the same mod, and just curious if the engine tone is overly noticeable or tolerable at long drive times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157