What did you do to your 2015-2020 K2XX Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dealer just called me back and said they think it is the cluster because the cluster wont program and if the cluster is loosing connection and rebooting it would affect audio. so I guess I will find out next week when the cluster comes in if that was it or not, seems weird to be just the cluster
The MOST Bus does loop through the cluster. So it’s feasible for the audio to be going out if it’s rebooting. That doesn’t explain the HVAC going in and out though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember when Die Hards were the go to standard. I’ll have to keep an eye on them. I’ve been using Interstates the last 10 years.

Not sure why but diehard golds are my go to battery. I’ve always had good luck with them and have also lasted me the longest in all my vehicles...I’m sure they are made in the same factory as other brands with a diehard sticker slapped on but they have not failed me yet.
:shrug:

nglauer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I think Johnson Controls and Deka make 99.9% of all the batteries out there.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do I hear the back seat rattling? That is OBVIOUSLY the reason for your electrical troubles.
this is my Silverado there is a rattle in the back I put subs under the backseat and I have 2 brackets on the sides that I haven't finished up yet so those are rattling and the amps are just sitting there under the seat probably rattling on something also, just have to tiddy it up. the dealer thinks it is the cluster because they cant get it to program and the audio is connected to the cluster thru the dic so the theory is if the cluster is loosing power and rebooting then that is causing volume problems with the audio because the steering wheel/cluster/radio are interconnected. they just want to try that first before moving on to other stuff, it's under warranty so no big deal to me glad it's happening now and not after the warranty is up.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The MOST Bus does loop through the cluster. So it’s feasible for the audio to be going out if it’s rebooting. That doesn’t explain the HVAC going in and out though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the hvac has a digital display over the radio so that might be why but I am just guessing on that, but I forgot until last night the A/C button on the hvac control flickers at night so I am going bring that up with them when I take it back for the cluster. could be the hvac control is funky also.