What did you do to your 2015-2020 K2XX Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ yup

you could use 2 people, string & tape to mark it off. mark it a little long, so its easier to clean up the line after.

much cheaper than the PPV version

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^ yup

you could use 2 people, string & tape to mark it off. mark it a little long, so its easier to clean up the line after.

much cheaper than the PPV version
ya that's what I was thinking, I just need to measure a basic sidewalk height and then add about 1/2" to that and then measure from the ground up on the valance on each end and then make a line across, maybe use some fishing line and then mark it with a black marker.

YukonXLMan

Reaction score
I used a reciprocating saw on mine. Used the topmost bend as my main line and extended it to the edge with painters tape, marked, cut then ran a pair of needle nose pliers along the cut to scape the debris and clean up any burrs. Turned out nice and just gave me a whole lot of ground clearance without a lift. Looks identical to a PPV w/o the cost.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used a reciprocating saw on mine. Used the topmost bend as my main line and extended it to the edge with painters tape, marked, cut then ran a pair of needle nose pliers along the cut to scape the debris and clean up any burrs. Turned out nice and just gave me a whole lot of ground clearance without a lift. Looks identical to a PPV w/o the cost.
I feel kind of stupid now I was looking at it again yesterday and realized there is a extra bottom piece screwed on that I can just take off and it should give me just enough clearance.

YukonXLMan

Reaction score
Mine as well, but in order to unscrew it on a 2017 model, the entire nose needs to be removed as many of the screw heads are otherwise inaccessible. After several options were attempted, I chose the option requiring least effort mentioned above.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine as well, but in order to unscrew it on a 2017 model, the entire nose needs to be removed as many of the screw heads are otherwise inaccessible. After several options were attempted, I chose the option requiring least effort mentioned above.
hmm, I haven't looked at it that close yet I just was walking up to it in the parking lot and saw the line across and I thought hell I can just follow the line then as I got closer I realized it was a separate piece I stuck my hand under and felt a bolt on the outside edge, I'll check it out today