What did you do to your 2015-2020 K2XX Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed a Magnaflow #13259 muffler on the 'Burb tonight. Love it! Sounds great with 5.3.

Let's you know there is a V-8. But once you are cruising the noise fades away. Sounds a hair louder than a factory Camaro exhaust. Perfect for family vehicle.

Points of interest. The Suburban exhaust is completely different from my '15 Tahoe. Butterfly valve is in front of muffler, muffler is different, pipe size is different, butterfly valve is complete different design as well.

'15 Tahoe had 3" OD exhaust.
'17 'Burb has 2.75" OD exhaust

Muffler has 3" ID, is 18" for body, 24" total, and has matching offsets like factory. Can almost see right through the magnaflow unit. Factory was 24" and very restrictive.

Due to the 1/4" pipe size difference, I had to use a reducer. Luckily I had 6" of 3" OD pipe left from an old exhaust project. It is almost 2.75 ID, left just a tiny gap over original pipe. So I sleeved each end with 3" of that and booger welded it all together. Came out leak free lol

Ended up leaving the butterfly in for now. I may go back and tack weld it open...or by 12" of pipe and just remove.

20180705_140148.jpg

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Manual Extend, power mirror with heat, blinkers and other stuff.

$350 shipped
https://www.1aauto.com/2015-16-mirror-pair-trail-ridge-tr00071/i/1amrp01822

This is my 3rd set of mirrors from these guys. 2 sets of tow mirrors for Excursions, now 1 set for the Burb.

They are freakin' nice. I just got done installing them. They plugged right in and all the power mirror functions work perfect. I need to do some researching on how to wire the blinkers, puddle, and lamp functions. Super happy with them. Will get daylight pictures.

coffeyman76

Reaction score
Well I'm back and this time it was time to upgrade the wifey out of the Jeep Cherokee. With 5 kids and only one Yukon Denali SB it wasn't working any more. Tried for the mini van but she wasn't having any of it. My Yuk is pretty much unchanged. Did swap to the 305 Nitto Grappler G2 and love them. Had the DuraGrappler before and it was too harsh of a ride. Although those puppies had 74k miles on them and I finally caught a nail in the side wall. Probably had another 5k worth of tread easy. So certainly durable. The G2 looks better and rides better IMO.

Picked up a gorgeous 15i Escalade ESV with 30k miles. Brand new Toyo Proxies. Really fantastic shape. Buddy at the dealership ran the full dealer VIN (Carfax on steriods) and it came back spotless and dealer already had done the trans flush. I can't tell you how or why but the ride in the 2015i Esky vs. 2015i Denali is night and day. Sooooo much smoother. I like a truck like ride and I do have larger tires, 22" wheels and front level kit but still. The Caddy is butter. I'm envious at times. Since we got it 2 weeks ago here's what's been done:

1. Swapped wheels to 22" black Caddy OEM clones ($800 installed - Ebay and tire shop)
2. Red power coated Escalade/ESV brake covers ($200 installed)
3. 5% all around and 50% front window. Yes I'm probably asking for a ticket. ($350 included all windows and removing some older tint)
4. Momentum Oiled FAE ($349 online, self install)
5. DiabloSport Intune 8245 ($329, Ebay)
6. Custom Interior Floor liner all rows (still waiting on it, takes a while to make)(Etsy $360)
7. Uniden R3 and Mirror Mount/Tap ($450)
8. Black 3M matte wrap on all chrome ($400)
9. "Black Pearl" GM emblem kit with front, rear badges and Esky lettering ($315)
10. 2" rear drop kit ($250 installed)
11. HDMI converter and mirror with old firestick to the rear ent. system ($50)
12. Added 2 Caddy headphones (had 4 but 5 kids)($75)

All in on the upgrades ~$3,900 but she is one hell of a Mommie Mobile now. Soccer games just won't be the same. ;-)

We are also officially the MAD Spy v. Spy family! Add $100 to get custom license plates now I guess....

1GYS4SKJ4FR729092C.jpg 1GYS4SKJ4FR729092G.jpg 0717181110a.jpg s-l400 (2).jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645