What Color Wire Is The Reverse Light???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2007YukonXL

Reaction score
Hey there,

I am installing some tow mirrors that have LED reverse lights on a 2007 Yukon so I need to find the correct color wire to tap into.

I have ran the new tow mirror LED power wires to the power box on the left side of the instrument panel (this is the location where the wires go to the connector that runs down to the drivers side door sill) and inside this A pillar power box I want to tap into the wire for the reverse lights.

Does anyone know what color that wire is?

Also...my old trailer had backup white lights and that was a nice feature however my new trailer does not have backup lights and I see that the & PIN GMC trailer cable has a yellow wire that is capped off on the new trailer...is this the backup light wire?

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey there,

I am installing some tow mirrors that have LED reverse lights on a 2007 Yukon so I need to find the correct color wire to tap into.

I have ran the new tow mirror LED power wires to the power box on the left side of the instrument panel (this is the location where the wires go to the connector that runs down to the drivers side door sill) and inside this A pillar power box I want to tap into the wire for the reverse lights.

Does anyone know what color that wire is?

Also...my old trailer had backup white lights and that was a nice feature however my new trailer does not have backup lights and I see that the & PIN GMC trailer cable has a yellow wire that is capped off on the new trailer...is this the backup light wire?
Here is some links to wiring diagrams if you want to browse for your info.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p1aBRB91qXmU5TGgrsK5a3uoWHyARX2c/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kIxcQZOLXmaBWxxYOkmxPyFRL62VJk9v/view?usp=sharing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401