What can Black Bear do for me?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've read the various posts on here about how everyone loves their Black Bear tune so it's always had me curious, what can Black Bear do for me that my Diablo inTune can't?

I currently run the out of the box 87 octane tune from Diablo and am really thinking about going with a Diablew tune soon in order to get a tune more geared towards my current modifications (intake & exhaust).

Would I be ultimately better off dropping the $600 on a Black Bear auto cal and using their tune instead of a custom tune and the Diablo?

Also, what would be the benefits of taking a trip to Lake Havasu and doing the in person tune versus doing it via the auto cal at home?

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wondered the same before I took the plunge. Now I'm converted.

Canned tunes are good. But there's nothing like a skilled, knowledgeable engineer, who's tuned almost 15,000 vehicles, sitting in your vehicle while you drive, logging your vehicle's quirks, strengths and weaknesses, and accounting for them in your custom tune in real time.

Can't beat it.

Last edited:

TechSupport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was using the 93 can tune with my Volant intake and Borla s type and I didn't notice much improvements. So I posted the logs from my I2 on the diablo forum per their request and they sent me back a tune for my truck for free.

OP
OP
chicagofan00

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wondered the same before I took the plunge. Now I'm converted.

Canned tunes are good. But there's nothing like a skilled, knowledgeable engineer, whose tuned almost 15,000 vehicles, sitting in your vehicle while you drive, logging your vehicle's quirks, strengths and weaknesses, and accounting for them in your custom tune in real time.

Can't beat it.

Definitely a valid point!

I was using the 93 can tune with my Volant intake and Borla s type and I didn't notice much improvements. So I posted the logs from my I2 on the diablo forum per their request and they sent me back a tune for my truck for free.

I've definitely noticed a difference with the canned 87 tune on the Tahoe so I'm kind of wondering if I would notice even more improvement with either a custom tune via Diablo or be even better off doing the Black Bear tune. Obviously the canned tunes won't really be taking into account the intake or corsa exhaust so I think with a custom tune and taking those mods into account I would notice somewhat of a difference no matter the direction I went.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the Autocal and wouldn't do it any other way since they continually update my tune as I make changes. I think datalogging as I drive and sending it in for them to analyze works as well as having them ride along. I just added a blower and they have looked at several logs and did some troubleshooting.

OP
OP
chicagofan00

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Autocal and wouldn't do it any other way since they continually update my tune as I make changes. I think datalogging as I drive and sending it in for them to analyze works as well as having them ride along. I just added a blower and they have looked at several logs and did some troubleshooting.

This same capability is available via someone like Diablew that does custom tunes for the Diablo inTune. Connect the inTune up, do some driving and data logging, and Diablew will analyze and create a custom tune. Cost is $150 which combined with the cost of the inTune itself would put me close to the same $600 cost of the AutoCal from Black Bear.

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This same capability is available via someone like Diablew that does custom tunes for the Diablo inTune. Connect the inTune up, do some driving and data logging, and Diablew will analyze and create a custom tune. Cost is $150 which combined with the cost of the inTune itself would put me close to the same $600 cost of the AutoCal from Black Bear.

Hello Adam,

Let us know if you have any other questions about our tuning, and if you are interested in getting a in person tune, the tuner will be Havasu in a couple of weeks. You can e-mail us [email protected]. We would be happy to help. Thanks

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mbr1287