What brand of fluids?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

Power_Dr

Reaction score
So if I want to switch to Amsoil transmission fluid, how do I get all the fluid out so I can fill it up with just Amsoil and not mix the fluids? I have watched videos on how people remove the cooler lines and start the truck and drain out all the fluid, I am not sure about doing that without running it dry.

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score
So if I want to switch to Amsoil transmission fluid, how do I get all the fluid out so I can fill it up with just Amsoil and not mix the fluids? I have watched videos on how people remove the cooler lines and start the truck and drain out all the fluid, I am not sure about doing that without running it dry.
You can do what's called a transmission flush, but I'v heard conflicting reports when it comes to that. I'v seen threads on here where after the transmission was flushed something went wrong.

I don't think Mixing the Transmission fluid will hurt anything. I changed mine back in January and I simply dropped the pan, cleaned it and then put it back on, then added Amsoil. I checked it last week and it still looks brand new.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts