What are you doing about tires on 22” rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, cuz w/ that comment on 15's i started thinking about next friday LOL

nsfw language ;)

GlockandRoll

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Your going to have a hard time beating the michelin defender in that size for life, grip, ride quality, handling, noise, and fuel economy

Reaction score
Sounds like they changed the tire size for the 22s according to the OP. However, if it's helpful, after two sets of factory Alenzas on a '15 and '17 Suburban, I upgraded to Michelin Defender 285/45 R22 on my 18 Yukon XL. After wearing those off in 35k miles :(, I'm now giving the Nokian One H/T a try. A fair savings over the Michelin and the same mileage rating, but I mostly wanted to try this tread pattern a since I'm in snow country. Nokian knows a thing or two about snow! After a few thousand miles, I like them at least as well as Defender. Maybe a touch more road noise and, oddly, they rub slightly at full turn of the steering wheel. I like both the Defender and Nokian better than the factory Alenzas I had on my '15 and '17.

20200703_084110.jpg

Last edited:

big18gordon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nitto Ridge Grapplers 305 45 22. They really helped make the truck look more aggressive on stock wheels. Bonus extra width for curb protection for my wife.
Interested in seeing some pictures of your setup if you have them? Any issues with rubbing? Looking for a different tire / wheel combo on my Yukon XL AT4.

OP
OP
B

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put defender Ltx ms on my 21 premier. 275/50/22. They run great as expected. Quiet and hold the road. Every once in awhile I have to check that I’m not driving a sports car

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put defender Ltx ms on my 21 premier. 275/50/22. They run great as expected. Quiet and hold the road. Every once in awhile I have to check that I’m not driving a sports car

I would like to do this, but its pretty hard to "Throw Away" the brand new stock tires. I'm going to run them till they scare me or I can get a couple of years out of them. Hopefully by then there will be more competition in that tire size and possibly bring prices down....
Know what you mean about sports car... Over the speed limit like lightning and can't usually believe we are going that fast!

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I would like to do this, but its pretty hard to "Throw Away" the brand new stock tires. I'm going to run them till they scare me or I can get a couple of years out of them. Hopefully by then there will be more competition in that tire size and possibly bring prices down....
Know what you mean about sports car... Over the speed limit like lightning and can't usually believe we are going that fast!
Sell the stockers. There is s sucker born every minute.

OP
OP
B

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Local dealer took them. They took the Bridgestones and gave me the Michelin’s. Cost me 300$

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Local dealer took them. They took the Bridgestones and gave me the Michelin’s. Cost me 300$

i tried this and and basically was told you need to sell them on your own by my local dealer and discount tire....300.00 trade is a good deal!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan