What 6" Lift To Choose?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keviebear86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been dormant for a while, but I'm here for asking another question. I am happy with my 3" lift currently, but my Tahoe is going to end up being a garage queen for a while with all the upcoming work. I want to debut it with a new look at the beginning of next year. I'm changing wheels, tires, retracting side steps, doing all the rust repair, and going higher on the lift. I am hoping to get some feedback from the guys that have 6" lifted Tahoes and what they like/don't like about their set up. Is there pros/cons to a certain brand of lift? Thanks for all the help so far! Definitely looking to keep everyone updated with pictures along the way.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
I like the ride and handling on mine. It’s the perfect height to see over all the traffic.

I DON’T like the front track width increase that comes with lift spindles. Mine’s 86” to the outside of the front tires. My 2500 Ram is only 81” with the same tire size.

DirtDigler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a 6" Pro Comp lift back in 07. Haven't Had any problems with it. One thing I did find out is that they swapped the front drive shaft. The OE doesn't need greasing I believe but theirs does. It started making noise from getting mud in the u joint, but some graphite spray and grease cured it. Funny thing is it lasted 14 years without being greased!

cooki3mnster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check out BDS. they are expensive but their kits are so nice. Installed a few in the past. We put one on my stepdads Ram 3500 Dually, and it rides better than new. That’s the route I’m going when the time comes.

cooki3mnster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did any of your guys’ trucks come with Autorode from the factory?

How did you get around that?
Mine did, I ended up pulling the plastic trim out in the cargo area. and cutting the power wire to the Autoride controller. I also installed Bilstein 5100s and Z71 springs.

You don't have to cut the wire though. You can simply disconnect the battery and the remove the RTD fuse from the engine bay fuse block. I decided to leave the fuse there and cut the wire so I now have a 30 amp fused power source in the back of the truck for when I finally install by on board air setup.

EDIT: Attached pic, I put the butt connectors on there just for peace of mind.
E0526D07-2470-40AD-8B19-CFC795EE3A87.jpeg

Rayyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine did, I ended up pulling the plastic trim out in the cargo area. and cutting the power wire to the Autoride controller. I also installed Bilstein 5100s and Z71 springs.

You don't have to cut the wire though. You can simply disconnect the battery and the remove the RTD fuse from the engine bay fuse block. I decided to leave the fuse there and cut the wire so I now have a 30 amp fused power source in the back of the truck for when I finally install by on board air setup.

EDIT: Attached pic, I put the butt connectors on there just for peace of mind.
View attachment 297725

Awesome!

Rayyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome idea to cut the wire and have that fuse accessible for other purposes.

I was hoping to retain Autoride functionality, so would any lift kit work, as long as I got some shock extenders, relocation brackets and rod extenders?

Or what would I need?

(Sorry don’t mean to threadjack)

cooki3mnster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome idea to cut the wire and have that fuse accessible for other purposes.

I was hoping to retain Autoride functionality, so would any lift kit work, as long as I got some shock extenders, relocation brackets and rod extenders?

Or what would I need?

(Sorry don’t mean to threadjack)
Lets chat more in the thread you started. Don't want to get this one too far off topic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk

Latest posts