Wet passenger floor in my 05 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RET423

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is your passenger presence system light on even when you have a passenger?
It could be the sticky gel leaking out of the bag under the passenger seat cushion.

It would be yellowish and sticky.

Emery Lee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If u take the dash apart definitely change out the evaporator and all blend doors while youre in there because any of those could fail next week given the age.

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 02 had this. The AC drain was plugged. Climb under the passenger wheel and jam a coat hanger or long flexible plastic something or other up the drain.

Be careful, I took a bath when mine let loose.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 02 had this. The AC drain was plugged. Climb under the passenger wheel and jam a coat hanger or long flexible plastic something or other up the drain.

I’ve had good luck with using heavy string trimmer line to clear out these drain lines.

OP
OP
mijohnst

mijohnst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, gutting/removing a dash is never any fun. When I turned wrenches at 6'4" tall and 320 lbs. it was a big task for me but I did it. I can't remember if it was a Mustang or a Mustang II that was my first dash removal. It was in KC, Mo. and at a big shop and was the car of one of the KC Chiefs coaches daughter. My whole day was ate up except for lunch.

Commit to the heater core after making 100% sure and turn up the music and have a cold beer or 6 ready when needed. Don't short cut anything and be ready for other parts that will be needed when tear down. Heater hoses for instance? Make sure to clean all of the actuator door travel areas. Clean the heater box out real good and make sure the evap drain is clear and installed correctly.

Thanks very much for the advice! I appreciate you taking the time to write this up.

OP
OP
mijohnst

mijohnst

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I was able to locate this and jam a wire in there but it was clear already. I'm sure mine is the core. I noticed this morning that my entire windshield was fogged up. :/ I'm just waiting to get closer to the day that the core arrives from RockAuto.

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was able to locate this and jam a wire in there but it was clear already. I'm sure mine is the core. I noticed this morning that my entire windshield was fogged up. :/ I'm just waiting to get closer to the day that the core arrives from RockAuto.

Damn. Sorry to hear. :(

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Fogged windows are very much a sign of a heater core problem, especially if it is actually wet to the touch. It will smell and taste like anti freeze as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65