Wet carpet in the cargo area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lkptff

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 99 Yukon and there is water getting in the cargo area. I had both side glass replaced and all the weather strips around the gate and glass rplaced and still get alot of water. Any one else have this problem and know where its coming from.

xanatost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the only thing I can think of it roof rack or 3rd brake light or back door seals. how much water is leaking in??

OP
OP
L

lkptff

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Alot had to use the shop vac to get the water out. I just repainted the truck,roof rack and thirg brake light taken off and put back on. Headliner not wet. No holes in the floor.Leaked befor painting and still after replacing all the rubber when it was painted

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
Mine gets wet sometimes. At the top of the passenger side barn door there is a small gap. I assume this is where the water comes from. If you stand on the rear bumper and look at the seal from the above you can see.

There is a trick to see when your seals are worn out. You put a dollar bill in the door and if you can pull it out easily then the seals are shot.

OP
OP
L

lkptff

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a gate and hatch glass. weather strip is tight I have to slam the glass hard to shut. Just threw it out there in case someone else had the same problem and fixed it. My new carpet will be ruined soon. Just painted it now Im just about to lift it and put on new rims and tires

clownracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have someone run a hose over the truck while you sit in the trunk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Speardog