Weird No Start/No Fuel Pressure condition on hill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rob88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was parked on a hill outside my house last night. maybe a 20% grade, nothing crazy. This morning, the truck started, and almost immediately died. It would not restart, only crank. I did not have a fuel pressure gauge at this time, but there was no fuel coming from the valve on the fuel rail when I pushed it in.

I used starting fluid to start it and move it to flat ground. Once on flat ground it ran fine again. I got a fuel pressure gauge and it reads 54lbs static and about 48lbs at idle. I was thinking maybe the hill caused some sort of vapor lock condition, or the fuel filter is extremely clogged causing a restriction. Both of those scenarios seem unlikely though. Any ideas?

OP
OP
Rob88

Rob88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Tank is almost full. it repeated the no start condition today on level ground. about 6 hours later it started without issue. The temperature the last 2 nights has gotten down into the low 30's. I'm wondering if this isn't coming into play some how.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danepfalgout