Weird Door Switch Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ridin_low07

Reaction score
So I pulled my driver door harness to hunt down a broken power window wire. Got the wire resoldered and heat shrinked. I put everything back in and now my truck doesnt recognize that the drivers door is open. I pulled the harness again and untaped the harness back to the door latch and inspected the wires there and in the door bend. Nothing is broke and I dont see any issues in the white connector inside the truck. What should I be looking for?

20200127_180830.jpg

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I believe someone here will likely chime in and say it might need to be reprogrammed with a Tech 2 to recognize it. Unless it is old enough that it isn't needed and you have another problem altogether. When you plugged back in inside and under the dash at the kick panel did you make sure you got all pins at that plug pushed all the way in? All connections at the door nice and tight? The reprogram may be on a newer rig but I did see that today when a member changed out a door lock switch at the arm rest.

OP
OP
ridin_low07

ridin_low07

Reaction score
Everything is nice and tight. Im not sure on the reprogramming though.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Crap like this but may not help much: I think a Tech 2 has to be involved and someone here may know the steps but this is just a sample:

Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) System Inoperative (Reprogram Passenger Door Module) #03-08-52-001B - (02/12/2003)
Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) System Inoperative (Reprogram Passenger Door Module)
2003 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe

2003 GMC Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL

2003 HUMMER H2

From Start of Production (SOP) through December, 2002 for the 2003 Model Year

This bulletin is being revised to provide the latest service information. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 03-08-52-001A.

Condition
Some customers may comment that the RKE key fob does not function, doors will not unlock from the passengers door switches, or the passenger door window is inoperative. This condition may be intermittent.

Correction

Important
For clarification purposes, the following information is provided. The components involved in this bulletin are known by various names. The Service Information Document ID #849813 refers to the component as the Door Lock and Side Window Switch. General Motors Service Parts refers to the components as SWITCH DR LK & SI WDO. Within this component is a micro processor that is referred to as the Passenger Door Module (PDM). Techline equipment refers to the component as the DMP Passenger Door Module. This bulletin addresses issues with the software of the micro processor in the Passenger Door Module (PDM).

Perform the following procedure step by step (do not skip a step) to determine the proper course of action.

Determine the production date of the vehicle by viewing the certification label on the driver's door.
If the vehicle's month of production is prior to 01/03, GO to Step 2
IF THE VEHICLE'S MONTH OF PRODUCTION IS 01/03 OR NEWER, THIS BULLETIN DOES NOT APPLY.
Use the Tech 2 to determine the PDM operational software release number and system calibration number.
With the Tech 2 installed and powered up, Select F0: Diagnostics.
Select model year: 2003.
Select light truck;
Select F1 body:
Select the proper Product line:
Select Passenger Door Module;
Select F1: Data.
Select F3: and record the "Operational S/W Part Number" here _______________. (If the "Operational S/W Part Number" is not displayed, go to step #4)
Press Exit Once:
Select F4: and record the "Cal Module 1 Part Number" here ________________
Compare the Operational S/W part number and the Cal Module 1 part numbers for the proper repair procedure.
If the Operational S/W part number is 15173756 and the Cal Module 1 part number is 15186199 or 15181562, use normal SPS reprogramming procedures to reprogram the Passenger Door Module (Techline refers to this as the DMP Passenger Door Module) with software from TIS version 2.0, or newer released early February 2003.
If the Operational S/W part number is 15191371 and the Cal Module 1 software is 15186199 or 15181562, use normal SPS reprogramming procedures to reprogram the Passenger Door Module (Techline refers to this as the DMP Passenger Door Module) with software from TIS version 2.0, or newer released early February 2003.
If the Operational S/W part number is 15202869 and the Cal Module 1 software is 15186199 or 15181562, go to step #4 below.
If the Operational S/W part number is 15202869 and the Cal Module 1 software is 15105148 or 15105149, the vehicle has the latest calibration release. Refer to Service Information (SI) for additional diagnostic aids.
Evaluate the vehicle options for proper operation from the PASSENGER DOOR SWITCH ASSEMBLY.
If the passenger door window and door lock function as designed, however the remote keyless entry system is inoperative, use normal SPS reprogramming procedures to reprogram the Passenger Door Module (Techline refers to this as the DMP Passenger Door Module) with software from TIS version 2.0, or newer released early February 2003.
If the passenger door window, door locks and remote keyless entry systems DO NOT function as designed, replacement of the Switch, Dr Lk & SI WDO is required. Refer to the Parts Catalog for the correct part numbers.
After replacing the switch, re-synchronize the RKE key fob. Refer to the Transmitter Synchronization procedure in the Keyless Entry sub-section of the Service Manual (SI Document ID #660745).

Supamario601

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Im getting complete no power to my driver door was wondering where did you find your break in the wire

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Im getting complete no power to my driver door was wondering where did you find your break in the wire

When you open your door there is a loom of flexible conduit that goes from the door jam to the door. If your rig is the same years then the inside kick panel, next to parking brake pedal, can be removed and that exposes the wiring coming inside and there is a big plug there. Anyway, the loom protects the wiring and over the years the wires work back and forth and rub insulation and the wires get exposed or broken. Look in there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14