WeatherTech Mud Flaps with Power Assist Steps (Pictures)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine arrived, but I haven’t put them on yet. Maybe today. Just one question…

Do either the front or rear ones actually touch a painted surface anywhere? I see they come with a clear protective piece to apply to the paint, and I’ll apply it… but I’m just wondering if that’s just added protection to the paint in the event that anything gets between the guard and the paint, or because the guard itself actually touches the paint.

Thanks!

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Mine arrived, but I haven’t put them on yet. Maybe today. Just one question…

Do either the front or rear ones actually touch a painted surface anywhere? I see they come with a clear protective piece to apply to the paint, and I’ll apply it… but I’m just wondering if that’s just added protection to the paint in the event that anything gets between the guard and the paint, or because the guard itself actually touches the paint.

Thanks!
Without the clear strips, it would touch the paint and cause wear - as they'll be moving under highway speeds due to wind turbulence.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Without the clear strips, it would touch the paint and cause wear - as they'll be moving under highway speeds due to wind turbulence.
Thank you. Now, are those tiny supplied strips adequate?

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried to get those tiny strips installed...but finally just gave up, Logic:
- I never intend to remove them, so will never see any paint wear if it happens...
- The rear ones only touch the plastic Bumper Cover
- The front ones barely make contact w/ the fender...

I am 2 years in, no issues seen thus far

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried to get those tiny strips installed...but finally just gave up, Logic:
- I never intend to remove them, so will never see any paint wear if it happens...
- The rear ones only touch the plastic Bumper Cover
- The front ones barely make contact w/ the fender...

I am 2 years in, no issues seen thus far

Good logic. Thank you!

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh -- one more thing... Is it clear where those strips go anyway? Do they go on the inner wheelwell paint, or the outer fender paint? (I'm assuming the latter, but...)

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Yes and no. I had a sheet of film laying around and cut some extra pieces for full coverage. However, as @WalleyeMikeIII said, I too don't plan on taking them off, but I'm a little OCD as well so I put them on anyway.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes and no. I had a sheet of film laying around and cut some extra pieces for full coverage. However, as @WalleyeMikeIII said, I too don't plan on taking them off, but I'm a little OCD as well so I put them on anyway.

What kind of film is it? Is it something you can buy at an automotive store?

Hobert

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667