Wax a trailer???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmildoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What should I use to wax a trailer?

My trailer is black and also has diamond plat on the bottom and fender wells..

if you want you can look through my pics and see it.

Chris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
post pics, im lazy. Without looking at the pics I would say collinite, super durable

05Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be careful what you used. my dad waxed his with turtle wax i think and it has a white haze all over a black trailer that wont come off.

OP
OP
jmildoc

jmildoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats why i never use turtle wax... i power washed it yesterday and tried some wax in different spots. i used meguiars cleaner wax. it was like night and day. so i think i will use that with a buffer for sure im not doing it by hand.... then top it off with some meguiars NXT i can take before and after if anyone is interested.

Chris@glimmerglass

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
post pics, im lazy. Without looking at the pics I would say collinite, super durable

I would agree. If you want to use a machine, collinite 845 is a liquid so it can be applied that way or by hand. If you prefer a paste wax, 476s super double coat is a very durable product as well. If you decide to go w/ 845, you'll notice that its pretty thick and wont pour out easily. To remedy this, you can either leave it in direct sunlight or run it under warm/hot water. Both ways will really thin it out and make pouring it significantly easier :)

OP
OP
jmildoc

jmildoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i wish i had pre clean pics but once i started I got kind of carried away. I am currently trying to finish polishing all of the diamond plate.... Whew it is alot of work... I will post pics when I am all done though

I started off with the cleaner wax from top to bottom, then i did top off with Meguiars NXT wax. I used the buffer for the cleaner wax but i put the NXT on by hand then went and got some nice new bonnets and took it off with the buffer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20

Latest posts